Hospitals and CBRFs are the only two providers in Wisconsin for which the TB skin test is specified in the requirements. For all other types of licensed providers that require screening for infectious diseases (nursing homes, facilities for the developmentally disabled, etc.), the TB skin test is not specified. Thus, all other providers may also choose to screen for tuberculosis infection using QFT-G in place of the TB skin test without any special variance or waiver.
QuantiFERON®-TB Gold test (QFT-G), a whole-blood test for use in detecting Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection, received Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval in 2005.
QFT-G may now be used in ALL occupational settings
The Tuberculosis Program can provide additional information about the use of QuantiFERON®-TB Gold in Wisconsin.
Facilities in/near Wisconsin offering QuantiFERON®-TB Gold
Facilities listed are provided for convenience purposes only.
Their use does not imply endorsement by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
Call the individual facility for details.
ACL Laboratories (exit DHS) - multiple locations (800-877-7016)
- Beloit Clinic - Beloit WI (608-364-2448)
- Consultants Laboratory - Fond du Lac WI (800/826-1580)
- Dynacare Laboratories - Milwaukee WI (414/805-7500)
- Meriter Hospital - Madison WI (608/267-6529)
- SMDC Clinical Laboratory - Duluth MN (218/786-4512)
- St Elizabeth Hospital Laboratory - Appleton WI (920-738-2136)
- St Vincent Hospital - Green Bay WI (920-433-8239)
- West Bend Clinic - West Bend WI (262-334-3451 ext 2304 or 2365)
Respiratory Diseases and International Health Unit
Division of Public Health
Bureau of Communicable Diseases and Emergency Response
1 West Wilson Street
Madison WI 53701-2659
608-266-0049 - Secure Fax
Jo Mercurio - Office operations
Pa Vang - TB nurse consultant
Philip Wegner - TB nurse consultant
Norma Denbrook - Dispensary
Savitri Tsering - Refugee health coordinator