The Department of Health Services is committed to supporting the understanding and application of trauma-informed care in Wisconsin. The following is a list of helpful resources for consumers and service providers.
- Be a Trauma-Informed Care Champion Poster (PDF, 711 KB) - All audiences
- Moving Trauma-Informed Into Action (PDF, 180 KB) - Information for providers
- Responding to Disclosures of Personal Trauma (PDF, 45 KB) - Information for providers
- Shift Your Perspective Brochure (PDF, 1.95 MB) - All audiences
- Shift Your Perspective Poster (PDF, 1.88 MB) - All audiences
- Trauma-Informed Care Skill Development (PDF, 136 KB) - Information for providers
- Trauma-Informed Care Values (PDF, 98 KB) - Information for providers
- Webcasts - All audiences
- Child Trauma Academy - CTA is a non-for-profit organization working to improve the lives of high-risk children through direct service, research, and education.
- Emotional CPR - eCPR is an educational program designed to teach anyone to assist another person through an emotional crisis.
- Gifts from Within - GFW is an international non-profit organization for survivors of trauma and victimization.
- International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation - ISSTD is organized to develop and promote comprehensive, clinically effective and empirically based resources and responses to trauma and dissociation.
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Study - ISTSS provides a forum for sharing of research, clinical strategies, public policy concerns and theoretical formulations on trauma.
- Mental Health First Aid - Mental Health First Aid is a public education program that helps the public identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders.
- National Center for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder - NCPTSD is dedicated to research and education on trauma and PTSD.
- National Center for Trauma Informed Care - NCTIC works to eliminate the use of seclusion, restraints, and other coercive practices and to develop the knowledge base on trauma-informed care.
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network - NCTSN is a collaboration of academic and community-based service centers whose mission is to raise the standard of care and increase access to services for traumatized children and their families.
- Professional Quality of Life Scale (PROQOL) - Understanding the positive and negative aspects of helping those who experience trauma and suffering can improve your ability to help them and your ability to keep your own balance.
- Psychological First Aid - Psychological First Aid is an evidence-informed modular approach for assisting people in the immediate aftermath of disaster and terrorism.
- Resource Guide to Trauma-Informed Human Services - Information from the U.S. Administration for Children and Families.
- Sidran Institute - SI helps help people understand, manage, and treat trauma and dissociation.