The Department of Health Services is committed to supporting the understanding and application of trauma-informed care in Wisconsin. The following is a list of helpful resources for consumers and service providers.
News and notes
Effective November 1, 2019, the news and notes email is distributed monthly. This email contains links to trauma-related research, resources, and training opportunities. The last two months of these email messages may be viewed below. You do not need to be a subscriber to view the archived messages.
- Be a Trauma-Informed Care Champion Poster (PDF) - All audiences
- Responding to Disclosures of Personal Trauma (PDF) - Information for providers
- Shift Your Perspective Poster (PDF) - All audiences
- Trauma and Substance Use in Wisconsin, P-01128 (PDF) - All audiences
- Trauma-Informed Care Skill Development (PDF) - Information for providers
- Trauma-Informed Care Values (PDF) - Information for providers
- Webcasts - All audiences
- Addiction Technology Transfer Center Network - ATTC is a resource for professionals in the addictions treatment and recovery services field.
- Administration for Children and Families: Resource Guide to Trauma-Informed Human Services - This a toolkit provides an introduction to the topic of trauma.
- Center for Justice and Reconciliation - Tutorial: Introduction to Restorative Justice - There are six lessons in this tutorial.
- Center for Pediatric Traumatic Stress - Health Care Toolbox - A guide to helping children and families cope with illness and injury.
- Child Trauma Academy - CTA is a non-for-profit organization working to improve the lives of high-risk children through direct service, research, and education.
- Community Resilience Cookbook - Information on tools to build resilient communities.
- EDMR - Information on eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EDMR).
- Emotional CPR - eCPR is an educational program designed to teach anyone to assist another person through an emotional crisis.
- Gifts from Within - GFW is an international non-profit organization for survivors of trauma and victimization.
- International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation - ISSTD is organized to develop and promote comprehensive, clinically effective and empirically based resources and responses to trauma and dissociation.
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Study - ISTSS provides a forum for sharing of research, clinical strategies, public policy concerns and theoretical formulations on trauma.
- Knowledge Network - Resources from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
- Mental Health First Aid - Mental Health First Aid is a public education program that helps the public identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders.
- Mobilizing Action for Resilient Communities - MARC is a movement for a just, healthy and resilient world
- National Center on Domestic Violence, Trauma, and Mental Health - This organization develops and promotes accessible, culturally relevant, and trauma-informed responses to domestic violence and other lifetime trauma.
- National Center on Family Homelessness - Trauma-Informed Organizational Toolkit for Homeless - This is a toolkit for organizations working people experiencing homelessness.
- Professional Quality of Life Scale (PROQOL) - Understanding the positive and negative aspects of helping those who experience trauma and suffering can improve your ability to help them and your ability to keep your own balance.
- Psychological First Aid - Psychological First Aid is an evidence-informed modular approach for assisting people in the immediate aftermath of disaster and terrorism.
- Resource Guide to Trauma-Informed Human Services - Information from the U.S. Administration for Children and Families.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration TIP 57: Trauma-Informed Care in Behavioral Health Services (PDF) This manual helps behavioral health professionals understand the impact of trauma on those who experience it.
- Sidran Institute - SI helps help people understand, manage, and treat trauma and dissociation.