Free flu shots
Promotional materials for Tribal Health Agencies and Health Centers
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has brochures, flyers, posters and more to download to encourage community members to get a flu shot.
Dose of Reality
The opioid crisis touches every corner of the state, including Wisconsin's tribes. Find materials from the Dose of Reality campaign to address the epidemic in your community. Dose of Reality is a partnership between the state Department of Justice and DHS. Learn more about the DHS response to the opioid crisis. #HopeActLiveWI
State, Counties, Tribes Commit to Transformation of Behavioral Health System for Children. Wisconsin's Children's System of Care is designed to help children reach their full potential.
The Tribal Affairs Office works to provide direct funding to tribes for health and family services programs through a consolidated contract from the Department of Health Services. All programs and services are included in one contract that runs for three years and is based on the federal fiscal year, which runs from October 1 through September 30.
Tribes report expenses to the Community Aids Reporting System (CARS). Each month, CARS records expenses that have been reported for each program by tribes and calculates payments.
Key fiscal and program documents for the contracting process:
- Tribal CARS Manual 2016-2017
- Chapter 1: General Information (PDF)
- Chapter 2: Reporting Expenditures (PDF)
- Chapter 3: CARS Profiles Line Information (PDF)
- Chapter 4: How to Read the CARS DES-603 Report for Tribes (PDF), Example of DES-603 Report (PDF)
- Base Three-Year State and Tribe Contract, October 1, 2014, through September 30, 2017 (PDF)
- Base Appendix B Administration of Income Maintenance Programs, October 1, 2016, through September 30, 2017 (PDF)
- Base Appendix C Administration of FoodShare Employment and Training (FSET) Program, October 1, 2016, through September 30, 2017 (PDF)
- Base Business Associate Agreement (BAA), October 1, 2016, through September 30, 2017 (PDF)
Scope of Service
- Aging and Disability Resource Center Specialists (ADRS) (PDF)
- Adult Immunization (PDF)
- Birth to 3 (PDF)
- Child Immunization (PDF)
- Cooperative American Indian Health (PDF)
- Coordinated Services Team (CST) (PDF)
- Diabetes Prevention and Control (PDF)
- Family Services Program (FSP) Guidelines and Service Requirements (PDF)
These links take you to DHS program webpages.
- Aging and Disability Resource Center Professionals Page
- Birth to 3
- Coordinated Service Teams Initiatives
- Diabetes: Part of the Wisconsin Chronic Disease Prevention Program
- Family Services Program
- ForwardHealth Portal
- Income Maintenance Eligibility Management
- Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Program
- Preventive Health and Health Services Block Grant
- Public Health Emergency Preparedness
- Tribal Aging and Disability Resource Specialist