The Department of Health Services (DHS) and Tribal Governments of Wisconsin have a long-standing contractual relationship. The Tribal Affairs Office (TAO) has the responsibility to facilitate and coordinate the contracting process between DHS and the eleven Wisconsin tribes as well as the Great Lakes Inter-Tribal Council, Inc. (GLITC), a non-profit consortium made up of ten Wisconsin tribes and one Michigan tribe.
The TAO works in conjunction with DHS's division staff in order to provide direct funding to tribal governments which supports health and family services for tribal communities.
Funding reports and additional information can be found in Community Aids Reporting System (CARS) DHS internet site.
Key fiscal and program documents supporting the contracting process are as follows:
- Frequently Asked Questions on the State and Tribe Contract and the Community Aids Reporting System (CARS) Payment Processes
- Tribal CARS Manual 2016-2017
- Chapter 1: General Information (PDF, 79.5 KB)
- Chapter 2: Reporting Expenditures (PDF, 128 KB)
- Chapter 3: CARS Profiles Line Information (PDF, 101 KB)
- Chapter 4: How to Read the CARS DES-603 Report for Tribes (PDF, 41.7 KB)
- Example of DES-603 Report (PDF, 96 KB)
- Family Services Program Work Plan Guidelines and Service Requirements, October 1, 2015 through September 30, 2016 (PDF, 297 KB)
- Base Three Year State and Tribe Contract, October 1, 2014 through September 30, 2017 (PDF, 127 KB)
- Base Appendix B Administration of Income Maintenance Programs, October 1, 2016 through September 30, 2017 (PDF, 297 KB)
- Base Appendix C Administration of FoodShare Employment and Training (FSET) Program, October 1, 2016 through September 30, 2017 (PDF, 187 KB)
- Base Business Associate Agreement (BAA), October 1, 2016 through September 30, 2017 (PDF, 58 KB)
For more information, please contact Patti Devine, TAO Fiscal Manager at Patti.Devine@wisconsin.gov or 608-266-1839.