Wisconsin Uniform Placement Criteria (UPC)
The Administrative Code, DHS 75, states that Substance Abuse treatment service providers make recommendations for initial placement, continued stay, level of care transfer and discharge of a patient. One tool the code recognizes for this purpose is the Wisconsin Uniform Placement Criteria (WI-UPC).
WI-UPC provides the foundation for and establishes the benchmarks by which consumers, providers and payers can gauge the appropriateness of a level of treatment, monitor progress and identify expected outcomes.
- WI-UPC Frequently Asked Questions
- WI-UPC Purpose and Concept
- WI-UPC Overview
- WI-UPC History
- WI-UPC Instructions For Use
- WI-UPC Pilot Project
Documents for the Uniform Placement Criteria (UPC)
- WI-UPC Manual (PDF, 973KB)
- WI-UPC Adult Scoring Instrument (F-00115) (Word, 174KB)
- WI-UPC Adult Scoring Instrument (F-00115S) Spanish (Word, 214KB)