How to Install or Upgrade Wisconsin-Specific Abstract Plus Version 3.7
(For abstracting cases diagnosed in 2018 and later)
The software is available in two formats:
- Full setup version for first-time Abstract Plus users – which means an earlier version of Abstract Plus is not already installed on the computer.
- Update tool version – for Abstract Plus users that currently have Abstract Plus 3.6 installed on their computers. (Check your version! If your version is earlier than 3.6, then contact WCRS for special instructions. Do not update to 3.7 unless you have 3.6 installed.)
Here are the instructions for downloading Version 3.7. Please make sure you read these instructions very carefully! It is extremely important that you choose the correct option.
Step 1: Go to the CDC FTP Site
The Wisconsin-specific Abstract Plus 3.6 is available for download at the CDC FTP site.
When you visit the site, you will see this header at the top of the web page:
Step 2: Get Instructions for Install or Upgrade
If you are installing Abstract Plus for the first time on a computer, click on the link below the header: Instruction manual for installing Abstract Plus to download the instructions for first time installation (pictured below).
If you are upgrading from 3.6 Abstract Plus to 3.7, click on the link below the header, Instruction manual for upgrading existing Abstract Plus from Version 3.6 to Version 3.7 with NAACCR 18.0 to download the instructions for upgrading from 3.6 to 3.7 (pictured below).
Step 3: Download Installation Package or Updater Tool
Once you have the appropriate instructions downloaded, scroll down to the bottom of the page until you see the specific install box for Wisconsin (pictured below).
Click on the link that applies to you:
First-Time Installs: Click Installing Abstract Plus Version 3.7 with NAACCR 18.0 from scratch
Upgrades: Click Upgrading existing Abstract Plus from version 3.6 to 3.7 with NAACCR 18.0
Step 4: Read Instructions (From Step 2) Before Upgrade or Install
You should also download and read the Wisconsin-Specific User Manual
Please contact Jenna Staehler if you have any questions.
Important Notes Regarding Version 3.7 – Please Read!
- You must have administrative privileges to your computer to install or upgrade Abstract Plus. Contact your system administrator to install/upgrade the program if you do not have administrative privileges.
- Abstract Plus 3.7 is required for cases diagnosed in 2018 and later. It can also be used to abstract cases from 2017 and earlier.
- The display screen data item order is different, and there are now two display types, based on diagnosis year. Please watch for those changes if you are a regular Abstract Plus user.
- For facilities that have entered 2018 cases in version 3.6, please note that after you upgrade to 3.7, you will need to open up your 2018 cases and complete each abstract. There are new fields (see Required Data Item List for 2018 cases) which were not available to you in 3.6. If you have already submitted those cases to WCRS, you do not need to resubmit them. Please remember that WCRS is not assessing timeliness of 2018 cases due to the delays in software readiness.