All facilities diagnosing and/or treating cancer patients in Wisconsin are required by law to report information on these patients to the WCRS. To help your facility better understand the data that must be reported to the WCRS, a new and enhanced Basic Training for Cancer Reporters webcast has been developed and is available from the links below.
The training webcast is in six parts. You may view the entire training at one time (approximately two hours in length), or you may view it in parts. Two exercises are also available, along with code lists, to help in understanding particular data items. You may want to print these exercises and code lists before you begin the webcast.
When the training is completed, please notify:
Laura Stephenson, CTR
Wisconsin Cancer Reporting System
A final exam along with test cases will be sent for completion by the trainee. Good luck with the training. If you have any questions, please contact Laura at the number or email listed.
Basic Training for Cancer Reporters (2013 Edition)
- Basic Training for Cancer Reporters, 2013 (webcast, help)
- Coding Exercise: Primary Site, Histology, Behavior and Grade (PDF, 12 KB)
- Coding Exercise: Accession/Sequence Number (PDF, 12 KB)
- Coding Choices: Primary Site, Histology, Behavior and Grade (PDF, 18 KB)
- Coding Choices: Sequence Number (PDF, 13 KB)