The same link you were provided will be available for on-demand viewing after the event has completed.
DHS uses Livestream for our webcasting platform. Livestream is viewable from nearly any device including but not limited to a PC, Mac, Android device, Apple device, and almost any streaming device. There are no browser restrictions and has been successfully tested in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. If you would like to test to see if your device will work, please visit our Livestream How-To page.
We often are able to broadcast with multiple different qualities and Livestream has the ability to auto-detect your bandwidth. If your bandwidth is not good enough for the best quality, it will automatically select a lower quality recording. You may notice some ‘buffering’ during this quality shift.
If you are unable to view the live or on-demand webcast, please first check with your local IT department to verify they are not blocking the site and that everything is loading properly.
Below are a few troubleshooting tips:
- If you are hearing an ‘echo’ please verify you do not have multiple browser windows/tabs open that are playing the webcast.
- If it seems blurry, this may be because your bandwidth is too low for a HD quality recording. Often times if you are on wireless this will be the case.
- If you are unable to hear or the sound is very quiet, please check the following:
- On the lower right hand side of your computers task bar there is a sound/speakers icon. Click that and make sure it is turned up and not muted.
- Within the webcast itself there is a volume button as well. Move your mouse over the video to make it visible then hove over the audio icon in the lower left hand corner to adjust the volume.
- If the above options do not work, please make sure your headset or physical audio device isn’t turned down or malfunctioning.
If you have checked with your IT department and tried the above tips and the issue remains, please email email@example.com with the details of your issue. Please note that if the issue happens during a live webcast we may not be able to solve it before it ends. We recommend testing the service by clicking on the above How-To link prior to a live webcast.