Institution Unit Supervisor: Jason McHugh
Unit Program Summary
The mission of the Medium/Max Custody Service Area is to provide a safe, non-violent, secure treatment environment to address the individual referrals of inmates to the Wisconsin Resource Center, and enhance skills needed to successfully function upon return to DOC.
Unit A1 is committed to providing a safe, secure, and structured environment conducive to the treatment and security needs of the offender and the institution. An individualized and multidisciplinary approach is utilized to tailor programming and treatment that best fits the needs of each offender in our custody. Our hope is to provide effective methods to help offenders cope with and adapt more adequately in life and upon return to their assigned DOC institution.
- Address individual treatment needs identified by DOC.
- Provide clinical monitoring through groups and on-unit individual contacts.
- Strengthen independent living skills and pro-social life skills with appropriate feedback and interventions.
- Reinforce essential treatment programming.
- Increase skills to negotiate a traditional facility.