Department of Health Services Logo


Wisconsin Department of Health Services

Consumer Guide Home

About the Guide

Search the Guide

Site Index


For Parents (and Parents-To-Be)

For Rural and Farm Residents and Workers

For Seniors

Legal Help and Forms

Para Informacion en Espaņol

Prevention and Immunizations

Consumer Guide to Health Care

Problems with Health Care Providers, Health Care Facilities, and Health Plans

Problems with doctors or dentists

If you have a complaint about a specific doctor or dentist there are a number of steps you can take and organizations you can contact

Problems with other health professionals

There are several places to turn if you have a concern or complaint about other health care professionals.

Complaints about health care facilities

Information on where to take complaints about hospitals, nursing homes, adult day care organizations, home health agencies, hospices, and assisted living facilities.

Problems with your health plan

For help with health plan problems, a special guide can help you figure out where to call or write.

Problems with medical debt

If you are facing large bills or medical debt, the information in the guide to coping with medical bills and debt may be helpful to you.

Still not sure where to take your complaint?

The Wisconsin Department of Health Services, Division of Quality Assurance provides more information on how to make a complaint about health care facilities or caregivers.

Last Revised: April 09, 2014