Children's Long-Term Support Waivers
How to Apply
- Contact the County Agency
where you live and let them know you are interested in services for your child.
- A county intake worker or service coordinator will discuss the various
programs and resources that may be available to your child and assist you
in deciding whether or not the CLTS Waivers are likely to be appropriate for
your child and family.
- If you wish to apply, the county agency worker will assist you with the
next steps in the application process. These steps will include some or all
of the following:
- Completing an application packet, including Release-of-Information forms
for the county to use in processing your application;
- Scheduling a home-visit for the county service coordinator to meet with you
and your child in your home to help complete the assessment of your child’s needs;
- Determining your child’s “Level of Care” (PDF, 134 KB) need based upon an online functional
screening tool that your county service coordinator will complete;
- Determining your child’s disability status (this is required for some specific
types of CLTS Waivers funding).
Last Revised: December 22, 2011