Abortions Covered by Wisconsin Medicaid and BadgerCare Plus
Wisconsin Medicaid and BadgerCare Plus cover abortions in the following situations:
- If an abortion is medically necessary to save the life of the woman.
- If continuing the pregnancy will cause grave and long-lasting damage to the physical health of the woman.
- If the pregnancy was the result of a sexual assault or incest.
A doctor must sign a written statement attesting to one of the above situations.
Wisconsin Medicaid pays for office visits and other related services for a covered abortion.
For more information on abortions:
- If you are enrolled in a Medicaid HMO, and need information about how or where to obtain an abortion, contact your Medicaid HMO’s Customer Service.
- Call Member Services at 1-800-362-3002.
- If you are a health care provider and need additional information, consult the Provider