BadgerCare Plus is a health care coverage program for low-income Wisconsin residents.
Possible Phone Scam Alert
May 10, 2017: The Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) is urging you to be aware of a potential scam where a caller claims to represent the Wisconsin Department of Health and Human Services. In some cases, the caller may have personal information about you such as the address of your health care provider. The caller will then say they need to verify your personal information as well as obtain additional information. If you receive a phone call like this, you should hang up immediately. DHS will not call you seeking personal or financial information for your health care benefits. If you are getting FoodShare benefits, your agency will call you to complete a FoodShare interview and may ask you to verify certain information to ensure they are talking with the correct person. If you are unsure of who you are talking to, hang up, and call your agency, or Member Services at 1-800-362-3002.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the nation's consumer protection agency, advises consumers not to give out personal or financial information to people you do not know through phone calls, emails, or knocks on your door. Scam artists want your information to commit identity theft, charge your existing credit cards, debit your checking account, open a new credit card, checking, or savings account, write fraudulent checks, or take out loans in your name.
To file a complaint with the FTC go to their website at https://www.ftc.gov/, or call 1-877-FTC-HELP. If you think your identity has been stolen, report it on the FTC’s website at https://www.identitytheft.gov/, or call 1-877-ID-THEFT.
DHS is seeking feedback on a draft plan for monitoring access to fee-for-service health care through its Medicaid program.
- ACCESS.wi.gov - Online tool to:
- Check My Benefits
- Report Changes
- Renew Benefits
- BadgerCare Plus Covered Services and Copays
- Find a Provider
- Find Your Local Agency - Addresses and Phone Numbers
- Member Updates
- Non-Emergency Medical Transportation
- Personal care services for fee-for-service BadgerCare Plus
- BadgerCare Plus Forms and Publications
- List of health clinics for those with no health insurance
- Other Wisconsin Department of Health Services Programs
- ForwardHealth Program Resources
- BadgerCare Plus Enrollment Data
- BadgerCare Plus Contacts
- Badger Care Plus Federal Poverty Levels - Program Income Limits
- HIPAA Privacy Notices
- Covering Wisconsin BadgerCare Plus How-To Sheets:
- How to Start Using Health Care, English (PDF) and Spanish (PDF)
- Choose a Quality Doctor, English (PDF)
- How to Make Appointments, English (PDF) and Spanish (PDF)
- Where To Go for Care When You're Sick, English (PDF) and Spanish (PDF)
- Networks, Primary Care and Specialists, English (PDF)
- Rides, Gas Money, and Bus Tickets, English (PDF)