Department of Health Services Logo


Wisconsin Department of Health Services

Image of the ForwardHealth icon

FoodShare Home

How To Get FoodShare Benefits

Where To Apply

ACCESS - Apply For or Check Benefits and Report Changes

FoodShare Forms and Publications

Spending your FoodShare Benefits

Wisconsin QUEST Card

FoodShare Data

FoodShare Employment and Training (FSET)

FoodShare Wisconsin Home>> FoodShare Employment and Training (FSET)


FoodShare Employment and Training (FSET)


The FoodShare Employment and Training (FSET) program offers FoodShare members free services to build job skills and find employment. You can get help with your resume, interview skills and job leads through the FSET program. You may also be able to get help with taking classes needed for a GED or ESL, transportation and child care while you look for a job, go to training or go to school may be covered through FSET.


Ask your agency about the FSET services available in your area.


Note: You must be currently getting FoodShare benefits to take part in FSET. Apply now.


For Residents of Kenosha, Racine and Walworth Counties


Effective July 1, 2014 if you are an adult ages 18 through 49 renewing or applying for FoodShare benefits and do not have any minor children living in your home, you may need to meet a work requirement or be found exempt from the work requirement to continue getting FoodShare benefits.


If you are an adult age 18 through 49, there are three ways you can meet your work requirement:

  1. Work at least 80 hours each month, or

  2. Take part in an allowable work program such as FSET, Wisconsin Works (W-2) or certain programs under the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) at least 80 hours each month, or

  3. Both work and take part in an allowable work program for a combined total of at least 80 hours each month.

FSET can help you meet your work requirement.


Keep in mind that if you choose not to meet the work requirement, you will only get 3 months of FoodShare benefits in a 36-month (3 year) period until you meet the work requirement, become exempt or your 36-month period has passed.


For Residents Outside of Kenosha, Racine and Walworth Counties


If you do not live in Kenosha, Racine or Walworth counties, the work requirements for adults ages 18 through 49 will be effective on or after January 1, 2015.


You can still take part in FSET even if you do not have to meet a work requirement at this time. If you need help finding a job or if you are currently working and want to increase your skills, FSET may be able to help you.  Contact your agency and let them know you are interested in FSET services.


Last Revised: June 09, 2014