How to Apply
Note: You can apply for Wisconsin Shares Child Care Subsidy (Wisconsin Shares) online, by phone, or in person at your local Wisconsin Shares agency. You can apply for Wisconsin Works (W-2) at your local W-2 agency.
Guide to Applying for Wisconsin Health and Nutrition Programs P-16091
- To apply online, go to ACCESS.wi.gov and click on Apply for Benefits. ACCESS is also the fastest and easiest way to apply for all forms of BadgerCare Plus, Medicaid and FoodShare no matter where you live in Wisconsin.
- To apply by phone or in person, from the list below click the county where you live or the county/tribal name to get the address and phone number for your local agency.
- To apply by mail, complete an application for each program you are applying for. Send the completed application and any proof/verification to:
If you live in Milwaukee County:
PO Box 05676
Milwaukee WI 53205
Fax: 1-888-409-1979If you do not live in Milwaukee County:
PO Box 5234
Janesville, WI 53547-5234
Choose a county or a tribe from the list below to view the agency's information (including address, phone number, fax, and email). The office hours are also posted for each agency. If you have specific questions, contact the main office in your county/tribe.
If you don't know the name of your county, you can find it by looking for your home town on the list of Wisconsin municipalities (PDF) .
- FoodShare F-16019A
- BadgerCare Plus and Family Planning Only Services F-10182
- Medicaid for the Elderly, Blind or Disabled F-10101
Click on a tribe below for more information about the tribal agency.
- Bad River Band of Lake Superior Tribe of Chippewa Indians
- Forest County Potawatomi Community
- Lac Courte Oreilles Band of Lake Superior Tribe of Chippewa Indians of Wisconsin
- Lac du Flambeau Band of Lake Superior Tribe of Chippewa Indians
- Menominee Indian Tribe of Wisconsin
- Oneida Nation
- Red Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa
- Sokaogon Chippewa Community
- Stockbridge-Munsee Community
A consortia is made up of a group of consortiums. Each consortium is made up of county agencies that determine enrollment and ongoing case management. You can request services at any of the county agencies within your consortium. Click on a consortium below for more information.
- Bay Lake
- East Central
- Great Rivers
- Milwaukee County
- Moraine Lakes
- WKRP (Wisconsin's Kenosha Racine Partnership)
Click on a county below for more information about the agency in that county. Note: Menominee Tribe administers programs in Menominee County.