State EMS Medical Director
The State EMS Medical Director seeks input from the Physician Advisory Committee on medical issues. The Medical
Director, as a direct consultant to the Department, can make recommendations independent
of other advisory bodies.
Duties of the EMS State Medical Director include:
- Serve as quality of care oversight for the EMS system
- Develop and implement a focused quality improvement program for continuous system and
patient care improvement. This program is to be developed with input from the EMS
Physician Advisory Committee. This will include assisting with the development of a
medical director handbook.
- Develop and/or review standard treatment, triage, and operating protocols
- Facilitate establishment of more structured and standardized procedures for providing
- Provide medical guidance on hospital designation and/or categorization
- Participate on committees established by the Bureau
of Local Public Health Practice and Emergency Medical Services
and/or the EMS Advisory Board.
- Assist in the development of EMS response for disaster preparedness
- Meet with the EMS Physician Advisory Committee on an ongoing
- Provide liaison between the State EMS Office and the medical community
- Assist the Department in establishing and revising rules and regulations
- Serve as a primary medical advisor to the State EMS Office on all medically-related
The State of Wisconsin EMS Medical Director
is Dr. Charles Cady. He can be contacted by phone at (608) 266-3269
or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Revised: April 16, 2012