DHS Trauma Care System has recently launched an interactive map that allows users to search for and identify trauma centers in your county or region.
For updates and statistics on the Wisconsin Trauma Registry, view the new Winter 2017 data publication (PDF).
The purpose of Wisconsin's statewide trauma care system is to reduce death and disability resulting from traumatic injury by providing optimal care of trauma patients and their families, and collecting and analyzing trauma-related data (DHS 118.01).
Wisconsin has 124 of 126 potential hospitals participating in its trauma care classification system, with 9% of them being ACS verified Level I or II and the remaining 91% being a Level III or IV trauma care facility designated by the state as a part of their voluntary participation in the state trauma system.
For current Statewide Trauma Advisory Council (STAC) meeting information, view the new STAC pages.
Upcoming STAC meeting dates:
- March 7, 2018
- June 6, 2018
Information on this page has been organized into two categories. Please choose one of the following tabs.
Trauma Care Registry Database
Visit our Trauma Care Registry webpage for more information.
Contacts and Resources
Wisconsin's trauma care system is supported through program planning efforts that include:
- Lead Agency/Department Functions
- Statewide Trauma Advisory Council Meetings
- Regional/Local Trauma Advisory Council Meetings
Other trauma care system resources:
- NEW - Wisconsin Injury Prevention Survey Report, P-01763 (PDF)
- Wisconsin Trauma at a Glance Summary for 2015-2016, P-01564 (PDF)
- Education and Training for Health Care Providers
- Hospital Trauma Classification Process
- Implementation of Triage Protocols
- Wisconsin State Trauma Program ATLS Requirements - FAQs, P-00547 (PDF)
Wisconsin's trauma system is closely aligned with the efforts and activities in the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Program, Emergency Medical Services for Children (EMSC) Program and Health Preparedness.
The implementation and development of Wisconsin's trauma care system is a result of several important pieces of legislation including: