SBIRT is an evidence-based public health approach to the delivery of early intervention for those engaged in risky or problem substance use.
Primary care centers, hospital emergency rooms, trauma centers, and other community settings provide opportunities for early intervention with at-risk substance users before more severe consequences occur. Additionally, SBIRT provides referral to specialty treatment for those who present with a substance use disorder.
- SBIRT Training
- SBIRT Overview (PDF)
- SBIRT Forward Health Update
- SAMHSA Report July 2012 (PDF)
- Wisconsin SBIRT Final Progress Report (PDF)
Coding, Billing, and Reimbursement Manual
- Updated SBIRT Coding, Billing, and Reimbursement Manual (January 2019) (PDF)
- SBRIT Coding, Billing, and Reimbursement Manual (January 2010) (PDF)