Wisconsin offers a variety of resources to help Wisconsin Medicare beneficiaries and their families and caregivers with public and private health insurance issues and options. These resources are funded through a grant from the federal State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP).
- The Medigap Helpline (1-800-242-1060) is a toll-free helpline operated by the Wisconsin Board on Aging and Long-Term Care that provides counseling for all Wisconsin Medicare beneficiaries on Medicare, Medicare supplement insurance, employer-based health insurance, Medicare Advantage plans, long term care insurance and related topics.
- The Wisconsin Medigap Part D and Prescription Drug Helpline for People Age 60 and Over (1-855-677-2783) is a toll-free helpline operated by the Wisconsin Board on Aging and Long-Term Care that answers questions from Wisconsin residents age 60 and over about Medicare Part D and other prescription drug coverage options.
- The Disability Drug Benefit Helpline (1-800-926-4862, 1-888-758-6049 TTY) is a toll-free helpline operated by Disability Rights Wisconsin that offers information for people under age 60 who are eligible for Medicare because of a disability. Helpline staff can answer question about Medicare Part D and other prescription drug coverage options.
- Benefit specialists at local Aging Units and Aging and Disability Resource Centers are available in every county to provide individualized counseling and advocacy. They can assist with Medicare, as well as other public and private benefits issues.
- The Office for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing offers benefits counseling to people who are deaf, hard of hearing or deafblind and use sign language as their primary language.
- SHIP also funds education and individual health benefits assistance for Native American Medicare beneficiaries through the Indian Law Office of Wisconsin Judicare, Inc. (1-800-472-1638).
- Volunteers play an important role in the Wisconsin SHIP. Learn more about volunteering for the SHIP.
State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Fact Sheets: