Get free and unbiased help with Medicare.
Wisconsin Medicare beneficiaries and their caregivers can get free and unbiased help with Medicare through the State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP). SHIP counselors help with Medicare eligibility, enrollment, costs, plan options, programs that can lower costs, and more.
SHIP counselors don't sell anything and aren't affiliated with any private company or plan. SHIP is funded through a grant from the federal Administration for Community Living.
What can SHIP do for me?
SHIP counselors provide one-one-one, confidential Medicare guidance based on your needs.
Medicare experts are screened, trained, and certified.
Connect with a SHIP counselor.
Over the phone
- The Medigap Helpline (800-242-1060) is a toll-free helpline run by the Wisconsin Board on Aging and Long-Term Care that provides counseling for all Wisconsin Medicare beneficiaries, Medicare supplement insurance, employer-based health insurance, Medicare Advantage plans, long-term care insurance and related topics.
- The Wisconsin Medigap Part D and Prescription Drug Helpline for People Age 60 and Over (855-677-2783) is a toll-free helpline operated by the Wisconsin Board on Aging and Long-Term Care that answers questions from Wisconsin residents age 60 and over about Medicare Part D, SeniorCare, and other prescription drug coverage options.
- Disability Rights Wisconsin Medicare Part D Helpline (800-926-4862) is a toll-free helpline operated by Disability Rights Wisconsin that offers information for people under age 60 who are eligible for Medicare because of a disability. Helpline staff can answer question about Medicare Part D and other prescription drug coverage options.
- The Office for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing offers benefits counseling to people who are Deaf, hard of hearing, or Deaf-Blind and use sign language as their primary language.
- Benefit specialists at local aging units and aging and disability resource centers (ADRCs) are available in every county to provide individualized counseling and advocacy. They can assist with Medicare, as well as other public and private benefits issues.
- Staff at Advocate Aurora Health Clinics are available to provide unbiased counseling and assistance. Their SHIP counselors can help over email, the phone, or in-person at their Milwaukee and Summit clinic locations.
- SHIP also funds education and individual health benefits assistance for Native American Medicare beneficiaries through the Indian Law Office of Wisconsin Judicare, Inc. (800-472-1638).
Report suspected Medicare fraud
Report suspected Medicare fraud, errors, and abuse to the Wisconsin Senior Medicare Patrol (888-818-2611).
Learn more about Wisconsin Medicare Counseling Program
- Read examples of how SHIP Medicare counseling can help you.
- Learn about Medicare options in Wisconsin from SHIP's short educational videos.
- Learn more about the Wisconsin SHIP: SHIP fact sheet, P-00166 (PDF)
This project is funded, in whole or in part, by grant number 90SAPG0091 from the
U. S. Administration for Community Living, Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, D.C. 20201.