Wisconsin Donor Registry
Having your name included in the Registry means that you have legally authorized the gift of your organs, tissues, and eyes upon your death. This decision can save and improve lives through transplantation, therapy, research, and education. Anyone with a Wisconsin driver's license or ID can join the Registry, regardless of health history or age. Sign up today!
Nearly 115,000 people are on the national waiting list for organ transplants, including more than 2,000 men, women and children from Wisconsin. Unfortunately, many may never get the call saying that a suitable donor organ has been found--on average, 20 people die each day while waiting for a transplant.
Every year more than 900,000 lives are helped through tissue and eye donation. Tissue is used to treat burn patients, serious abrasions, and in reconstructive surgeries for patients such as breast cancer survivors. Donor tendons are used to repair torn ligaments, veins are used in surgeries, and bone is used to help heal fractures or to prevent amputation. Donor corneas can restore sight to people who are blind.
Please join 3 million Wisconsinites, and sign up to be an organ, tissue, and eye donor at DonorRegistry.Wisconsin.gov.
Donor Designation Data
When applicants for a Wisconsin driver's license or state identification card visit a Department of Transportation Service Center, they are asked if they wish to register to be organ, tissue, and eye donors. The Department of Health Services accesses registrations, in aggregate, to maintain the Donor Designation Query System. This system provides statewide and regional data on donor designation for public education and awareness efforts.
Wisconsin map, showing county donor intent rates (PDF, 331 KB)
Forms for Organ, Tissue, and Eye Recovery Organizations
- Release of EMS Reports to Organ and Tissue Procurement Organizations (PDF, 99 KB)
- Wisconsin Donor Registry User Access Request F-43026 (PDF, 20 KB)
- Document of Anatomical Gift Authorization for Organ and Tissue Donation (Forms)
- Wisconsin Organ Recovery Assessment Form F-43023 (PDF, 143 KB)
Wisconsin Tissue Recovery Assessment Form F-43024 (PDF, 113 KB)
Helpful links for more information
- Donate Life Wisconsin
- Donate Life America
- Done Vida - Informaciónen español sobre la donación de órganos (information in Spanish about organ, tissue and eye donation)
- U.W. Organ and Tissue Donation - The federally designated Organ Procurement Organization serving 59 counties in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Donor Network - Federally-designated Organ Procurement Organization serving 10 counties in Southeastern Wisconsin.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services - Organ donation site.
- Gift of a Lifetime: Organ and Tissue Transplantation in America - An in-depth, web documentary of the miracle of organ and tissue transplantation.
Division of Public Health, Room 118
1 W Wilson Street
Madison, WI 53703