Wisconsin Donor Registry
Having your name included in the Registry means that you have legally authorized the gift of your organs, tissues, and eyes upon your death. This decision can save and improve lives through transplantation, therapy, research, and education. Sign up today!
The need for organ, tissue, and eye donors is great. More than 121,000 people are listed on the national waiting list for organ transplants, and the list grows by 100 new names each day. In Wisconsin, nearly 2,300 people are included on the organ transplant waiting list. Sadly, on average 21 people die each day in this country waiting for a transplant. There is a need for more than one million tissue transplants and 46,000 corneal transplants every year in this country to heal and improve lives.
Please join 3 million Wisconsinites and sign up to be an organ, tissue, and eye donor at DonorRegistry.Wisconsin.gov.
Donor Designation Data
When applicants for a Wisconsin driver's license or state identification card visit a Department of Transportation Service Center, they are asked if they wish to register to be organ, tissue, and eye donors. The Department of Health Services accesses registrations, in aggregate, to maintain the Donor Designation Query System. This system provides statewide and regional data on donor designation for public education and awareness efforts.
Wisconsin map, showing county donor intent rates (PDF, 331 KB)
Forms for Organ, Tissue, and Eye Recovery Organizations
- Release of EMS Reports to Organ and Tissue Procurement Organizations (PDF, 99 KB)
- Wisconsin Donor Registry User Access Request F-43026 (PDF, 20 KB)
- Document of Anatomical Gift Authorization for Organ and Tissue Donation (Forms)
- Wisconsin Organ Recovery Assessment Form F-43023 (PDF, 143 KB)
Wisconsin Tissue Recovery Assessment Form F-43024 (PDF, 113 KB)
Helpful links for more information
- Calendar of Donation Events
- Donate Life Wisconsin
- Donate Life America
- Done Vida - Informaciónen español sobre la donación de órganos (information in Spanish about donating organs and tissue)
- U.W. Organ and Tissue Donation - The federally designated Organ Procurement Organization serving 59 counties in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Donor Network - Federally-designated Organ Procurement Organization serving 10 counties in Southeastern Wisconsin.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services - Organ donation site.
- Gift of a Lifetime: Organ and Tissue Transplantation in America - An in-depth web documentary of the miracle of organ and tissue transplantation.
Division of Public Health, Room 218
1 W Wilson Street
Madison, WI 53703