The Wisconsin Adolescent Health team supports the wellbeing, growth, and safety of Wisconsin’s young people. It promotes this unique stage of life as one where youth find out who they are and want to be.
About the Adolescent Health Team
The Wisconsin Adolescent Health Team's mission is to empower young people and partner to promote the well-being of Wisconsin adolescents. Expand each section below to learn more.
Subscribe to the The Department of Health Services (DHS) Adolescent Health Team email list for the latest resources and grant opportunities.
The Adolescent Health Strategic Plan was created in partnership with over 30 collaborating partners including youth, state and local government, and nonprofits. Four main goals were identified
- Increase the number of youth participating in program and policy related activities (planning, creating, implementing, and evaluating) to ensure diverse youth voices are heard, cherished, and acted upon.
- Increase the number of young people statewide who have their basic needs met (health, food, clothing, shelter, access to care) so that they feel more connected, safe, and supported.
- Develop long-term collaborations with statewide partners and diverse community organizations to make adolescent health a statewide priority.
- Remove barriers to funding opportunities and equitably distribute funding that aligns with community informed priorities.
The Adolescent Health Team is committed to prioritizing and uplifting youth most impacted by inequities and whose voices are often unheard, including Black, Indigenous, and Youth of Color, youth with disabilities and special health care needs, and youth who identify as LGBTQ+. The Adolescent Health Team and their partners recognize that the wellbeing of young people is shaped by many factors and will take an intersectional approach that considers how power, privilege, and social structures play into systems of oppression. Read the Adolescent Health Team 2022-2027 Strategic Plan, P-03344. (PDF)
We foster healthy experiences, relationships, and communities through our programs and grant.
Youth engagement is a key part of the Wisconsin Adolescent Health Team and Adolescent Health Programs.
Learn more about involving youth in planning and making decisions that affect them.
Expand a topic to find helpful adolescent health resources.
- Adolescent Health Issue Brief: Exploring Positive Youth Development, P-01766C (PDF)
- Adolescent Health Issue Brief: Promoting Teen Health Through Financial Literacy, P-01766D (PDF)
- Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs
- LGBT Health: Youth
- Supporting Inclusive Human Growth and Development, P-03249 (PDF)
- Wisconsin Youth Risk Behavior Survey
- Wisconsin Interactive Statistics on Health Query System
Teens, take charge of your health. Learn more about your annual well visit check-up with your provider.
- Adolescent Health Issue Brief: Young Motherhood in Wisconsin, P-02247 (PDF)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Sexual Violence Prevention
- Sexual Violence Prevention: Affirmative Consent, P-02861A (PDF)
- Sexual Violence Prevention: Teen Dating Violence, P-02861 (PDF)
- Sexual Violence Prevention: Victim Blaming, P-02861B (PDF)
- Sexual Violence Prevention Needs Assessment Report: 2018–2019, P-0445 (PDF)