The Next Generation of Addictive Tobacco Products
Electronic cigarettes. Little cigars. Sweet candy flavors. The next generation of addictive tobacco products is here, and most of them don’t look anything like a pack of cigarettes. Tobacco has evolved so fast, it’s tough for parents to recognize tobacco when they see it—and even tougher to talk to your kids about the terrible damage tobacco products can do. But that can change right here.
Alert: Severe Lung Damage Reported in Wisconsin Adolescents Who Reported Vaping
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) and local health departments are investigating cases of individuals throughout Wisconsin counties with severe lung disease who all reported recent vaping.
Read the Department of Health Services public health advisory on vaping and e-cigarettes for additional details on policy solutions and actions for parents, teachers, and health professionals.
The 'Tobacco Talk' Has Changed
There's a whole new generation of tobacco products out there. Watch the video to find out how tobacco's changed.
View other Tobacco is Changing videos on the DHS YouTube page.
Fast Facts about Tobacco
This site will help you get to know the new face of tobacco. It’s the first step to helping your kids stay healthy and tobacco-free.
You can also learn more by clicking on these links:
- Read the Wisconsin Department of Health Services' health advisory on youth e-cigarette use.
- Get the latest data on youth tobacco use in Wisconsin -- 2018 High School YTS Fact Sheet, P-01624; 2018 Middle School YTS Fact Sheet, P-01624a
- Check out new back to school resources on the dangers of youth e-cigarette use from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Learn more about Wisconsin's other tobacco prevention and control efforts by visiting the Wisconsin Tobacco Prevention and Control Program page.
- See how the Federal Drug Administration is addressing misleading e-juice labeling and packaging.
- Learn about how e-cigarettes shaped like USB flash drives are attracting teens users.