Dot gov

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.


Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock () or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

ADRC: Help for Older People and Adults with Disabilities

If you have questions about aging or living with a disability, your local aging and disability resource center (ADRC) can help.

The ADRC provides information on a variety of programs and services. That includes long-term care options.

The ADRC also helps people apply for programs and benefits, including publicly funded long-term care.

You can access ADRC services several ways:

  • By calling your local ADRC on the phone.
  • By scheduling a home visit with your local ADRC.
  • By visiting your local ADRC in person.

Find your local ADRC

Tribal members can get help from the ADRC, or they can consult a Tribal Aging and Disability Resource Specialist (ADRS).

Find your Tribal ADRS

Services provided by the ADRC

The ADRC connects you with resources, including:

  • Adaptive equipment.
  • Caregiver support.
  • Dementia care services.
  • Health, nutrition, and home-delivery meal programs.
  • Housekeeping and chore services.
  • Housing options.
  • In-home personal care and nursing.
  • Long-term care programs.
  • Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security.
  • Safety updates to the home.
  • Transportation.
  • Wellness programs.

It also provides other services.

Learn more about ADRC services. (American Sign Language available)

Virtual caregiver events

Many support groups, memory cafés, conferences, and other events are available on a digital platform, providing a safe and convenient way to connect with others in your community.

Find up-to-date listings for virtual caregiver resources and events

Long-term care counseling

Your local ADRC can help you decide if you or your loved one is eligible for publicly funded long-term care. Its staff members can also help you prepare a Medicaid application.

In addition, the ADRC will provide:

  • Information about Wisconsin’s long-term care programs and help with local resources.
  • Information on living options, the kind of help you or your loved one needs, where to receive care, and how to pay for it.
  • One-on-one counseling to determine the best options based on personal needs, values, and preferences.

Benefit specialists

Disability benefit specialists are available to help adults ages 18 to 59 who have a disability. Elder benefit specialists are on-hand to help adults over age 60.

Benefit specialists can answer your questions related to benefits, such as:

  • FoodShare
  • Medicaid
  • Medicare
  • Private health insurance
  • Social Security

Learn more about benefit specialists

You can also receive support through pre-admission consultation (PAC). This service is provided by the ADRC to help people considering long-term care.

Resources and reports

Consumer guides


Have a question?

If you have questions or need help with an aging or disability issue, contact your local ADRC. If you’re an ADRC professional looking for information, visit the ADRC professionals page.

Last revised October 3, 2023