Cervical health awareness is important for women of all ages.
Did you know? Nearly 13,000 new cases of cervical cancer were reported across the U.S. in 2016. Wisconsin reported 200 of those cases.
Wisconsin Well Woman Program (WWWP) providing preventive health screening services to women with little or no health insurance coverage.
Well Woman pays for mammograms, Pap tests, cervical cancer screenings, multiple sclerosis testing for high risk women, and certain other health screenings.
Covered services are available from participating health care providers at no cost to Well Woman clients.
There is no premium, co-payment, or deductible for the Well Woman Program.
The program is available in all 72 counties and 11 tribes. However, not all covered services are available from every provider.
You are eligible if:
- You are a woman age 45 through 64, and
- Your income is within the program's guideline limits, P-43029 (PDF), and
- You do not have health insurance, or the insurance you have doesn’t cover routine check-ups and screening, or you are unable to pay the deductible or co-payment.
How to apply
A future free from cervical cancer
If there was a vaccine against cancer, wouldn’t you get it for your kids? Find out if the pre-teens in your life have had the HPV vaccine. The vaccine is safe, effective, and prevents the virus that can lead to cervical cancer and many other types of cancer in the future. Learn more about the HPV vaccine.
Cervical cancer testing
One of the best things you can do to keep from getting cervical cancer is to get regular testing for it. Learn the facts about the Cervical Cancer Screen - American Cancer Society, P02071 (PDF) (Multiple languages).
Additional information for healthy women
Well Woman links
- Income Eligibility Guidelines P-43029 (PDF)
- List of local and tribal coordinators (PDF)
- Multiple Sclerosis Testing for Clients with High-Risk Signs
- Changes to Cervical Cancer Screening Rules - English, P-00512 (PDF)
- Changes to Cervical Cancer Screening Rules - Spanish. P-00512s (PDF)
- Wisconsin Well Woman Program At-A-Glance. P-00276 (PDF)
- Wisconsin Well Woman Program Flyer. P-43005 (PDF)
- Policy and Procedures Manual
- Codes and Reimbursement Rates, effective July 1, 2019 (PDF)
- WWWP Privacy Notice, P-13606 (English and Spanish)
- Wisconsin's Statewide Framework for Improving Women's Health, P-00535 (PDF)
Women's health websites
Other helpful websites
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- BadgerCare Plus
- Cancer Information Services
- Consumer Guide to Health Care
- Medicare Part B
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society - Wisconsin Chapter
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- Wisconsin Medicaid
- Wisconsin Well Woman Medicaid, P-10065