Area Administration Mission:
The mission of Area Administration is to embrace and to support the mission and guiding principles of the Department of Health Services (DHS).
Role of Area Administration:
The role of Area Administration is to be a liaison and to channel information between DHS, the counties and their respective entities to which we are assigned. This is accomplished through effective communication, which builds strong relationships between Area Administration, the counties and their respective entities. Area Administration provides a local presence, support and assistance in navigating DHS programs.
Area Administration (AA), which is part of the Office of the Secretary, in the Department of Health Services (DHS), is the primary link for DHS with local county human service agencies in a broad range of program areas. Staff are located in four regional offices and work on an ongoing basis with program divisions throughout DHS. They also coordinate with other departments including the Department of Children and Families (DCF), the Department of Workforce Development (DWD), and the Department of Corrections (DOC).
- Area Administration Organization Chart and Contacts (PDF)
- Area Administration Regional Coverage Map (PDF)
- Wisconsin Community Program, Social Service, and Human Service Agencies
- Aging and Disability Resource Centers (ADRCs)
- County and Tribal Aging Offices
- DCF Regional Operations
Reports and Procedures
- POS Contract, Audit Procedures, and Waivers Memo (PDF)
- Purchase of Service Audit Waiver Request/Risk Identification and Assessment Worksheet, F-90045 (Word)
- Purchase of Service Audit Waiver Request/Risk Identification and Assessment Worksheet Instructions, F-90045i (Word)
- Program Participation System (PPS)
- DHS/DCF County Agency Reports Due to Regional Office/Central Office in 2018 (PDF)
- Department/Division Email Distribution Lists and Resource Information (PDF)