Wisconsin Medicaid is a joint federal and state program that helps more than 1 million residents get:
- High-quality health care coverage.
- Long-term care.
- Other services that promote physical and mental health and well-being.
There are many types of Medicaid programs. Each has certain requirements you must meet if you want to enroll.
Learn more about our Medicaid programs by selecting an option below.
- Consumer Guide to Health Care—This guide provides information on health care resources—both state and federal.
- FoodShare Wisconsin—Learn about FoodShare, a program that helps people with limited money buy healthy food.
- ForwardHealth—Learn about all health care and nutritional assistance benefit programs offered by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
- Health record viewing on your phone—Learn how certain Medicaid members can view their medical records on a mobile app safely and securely.
- Medicaid in Wisconsin: A to Z—View a complete list of all Wisconsin Medicaid programs.
- Medicaid: BadgerCare Waiver—See how Wisconsin provides benefits to certain childless, low-income adults.
- Medicaid: Section 1115 Postpartum Coverage Demonstration Waiver—Read about Wisconsin’s efforts to extend the length of postpartum coverage.
- Medicaid Renewal Data—View data showing statewide trends in BadgerCare Plus and Medicaid enrollment during the post-COVID period.
- Medicare—Learn more about Medicare, a federal program that provides health care and prescription drugs for people 65 and older.