Dedicated to Consistent, High-Quality Care Across the State of Wisconsin
The mission of the Wisconsin Emergency Medical Services Section is to ensure that the highest quality and standards of pre-hospital emergency medical care is available to all citizens of and visitors to Wisconsin.
Through leadership, support, and regulation, the EMS Section ensures the development and maintenance of a high quality Emergency Medical Services delivery system for the State of Wisconsin. Its primary focus is to reduce both human suffering and economic loss from premature death and disability resulting from sudden illness or injury.
Attention Providers: Please make sure the email address entered in your E-Licensing account is current and that you are able to access it regularly. Our office uses the email addresses in E-Licensing to communicate with all EMS Providers, Service Directors, and Medical Directors.
- Recently published Numbered Memo 15-05 (PDF, 67 KB) announces the start of the license renewal process for the 2016-2018 biennium. Those that have completed their refresher training may now renew their license for the next two years.
- Numbered Memo 15-04 (PDF, 45 KB) , which allows Intermediate Services to use Zofran (ondansetron). The Intermediate Advanced Skills Form F-00987A (Word, 36 KB) must be completed and approved to allow Zofran's use by the service.
- Service Director Training dates for 2015 (PDF, 51 KB) are posted. Courses will be presented in two consecutive evening sessions from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. each evening. Please make plans to attend. While initially intended specifically for Service Directors, these courses are open to all EMS providers. Registration will be done through WI-Train. Please use Course ID 1056696 to register.
- Department of Health Services web page on the Ebola virus
- Helicopter EMS Utilization Guidelines P-00691 (PDF, 648 KB)