Dedicated to Consistent, High-Quality Care Across the State of Wisconsin
The mission of the Wisconsin Emergency Medical Services Section is to ensure that the highest quality and standards of pre-hospital emergency medical care is available to all citizens of and visitors to Wisconsin.
Through leadership, support, and regulation, the EMS Section ensures the development and maintenance of a high quality Emergency Medical Services delivery system for the State of Wisconsin. Its primary focus is to reduce both human suffering and economic loss from premature death and disability resulting from sudden illness or injury.
Attention Providers: Please make sure the email address entered in your E-Licensing account is current and that you are able to access it regularly. Our office uses the email addresses in E-Licensing to communicate with all EMS Providers, Service Directors, and Medical Directors.
- The next WARDS Elite Training session is to be announced. To sign up for this class, please register through Wi TRAIN using course ID: 1049572.
- The next Service Directors Training session is on Monday, January 22, 2018. It will be held at Lake Country Fire and Rescue Training Center, N44 W32787 Rasmus Rd., Nashotah, WI 53058. Registration will begin at 7:30 AM. Program is from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. To sign up for this class, please register through Wi TRAIN using course ID: 1056696.
- The 2015 Wisconsin Emergency Medical Services EMS Data Summary (PDF) is now available.
- EMS Numbered Memo #16-06 (PDF) contains the WARDS Elite Update information.
- EMS Numbered Memo #16-05 (PDF) allows the use of draw-up epinephrine by Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) services. There is a PowerPoint training module (PPTX) available for all services to implement this Advanced Skill. Also available is the epinephrine manual draw up training information (PDF).
- The Office of Preparedness and Emergency Health Care (OPEHC) has issued a document titled Health Care Coalitions (HCC) and EMS P-01198 (PDF). It explains why EMS should be involved and how they can participate. It also identifies the HCC Regions and the Coordinators and Medical Advisors involved.
- We have added an Instructor web page to provide specific information for all instructors.
- Ebola virus web page (Department of Health Services)
- Algorithm for EMS and 9-1-1 Public Safety Answering Points (CDC) (PDF)
- EMS Guidance during Ebola (CDC) (PDF)
- Helicopter EMS Utilization Guidelines P-00691 (PDF)