Dedicated to Consistent, High-Quality Care Across the State of Wisconsin
The mission of the Wisconsin Emergency Medical Services Section is to ensure that the highest quality and standards of pre-hospital emergency medical care is available to all citizens of and visitors to Wisconsin.
Through leadership, support, and regulation, the EMS Section ensures the development and maintenance of a high quality Emergency Medical Services delivery system for the State of Wisconsin. Its primary focus is to reduce both human suffering and economic loss from premature death and disability resulting from sudden illness or injury.
Attention Providers: Please make sure the email address entered in your E-Licensing account is current and that you are able to access it regularly. Our office uses the email addresses in E-Licensing to communicate with all EMS Providers, Service Directors, and Medical Directors.
- We will be offering free training during the Governor's Conference on Highway Safety. The conference will be held at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel August 22-24, 2017 in Appleton, WI.
- New this year there will be an all-day session devoted to Current Best Practices & the Future of EMS Mass Casualty Management. This course will take place on Tuesday, August 22. 2017. It will be held from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. with an hour provided to obtain lunch on your own. Registration will start at 7:30 a.m. To register please go to the Wi-Train website and reference Course #1072484.
- In addition we will again be providing both Service Director and WARDS Elite training. These trainings will take place on Monday, August 21, 2017 during the pre-conference activities. They will be presented as two separate courses that will be held from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. that day. Registration will start at 12:30 p.m. You also will need to ago to the Wi-Train website link above and register for these sessions: use Course #1056696 for the Service Director training course and #1049572 for the WARDS Elite training course.
- The 2015 Wisconsin Emergency Medical Services EMS Data Summary (PDF) is now available.
- EMS Numbered Memo #16-06 (PDF) contains the WARDS Elite Update information.
- EMS Numbered Memo #16-05 (PDF) allows the use of draw-up epinephrine by Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) services. There is a PowerPoint training module (PPTX) available for all services to implement this Advanced Skill. Also available is the epinephrine manual draw up training information (PDF).
- The next WARDS Elite Training session will be Monday, August 21 in Appleton, WI. To sign up for this class, please register through Wi Train using course ID: 1049572.
- The next Service Directors Training session will be Monday, August 21 in Appleton, WI. To sign up for this class, please register through Wi TRAIN using course ID: 1056696.
- The Office of Preparedness and Emergency Health Care (OPEHC) has issued a document titled Health Care Coalitions (HCC) and EMS P-01198 (PDF). It explains why EMS should be involved and how they can participate. It also identifies the HCC Regions and the Coordinators and Medical Advisors involved.
- We have added an Instructor web page to provide specific information for all instructors.
- Ebola virus web page (Department of Health Services)
- Algorithm for EMS and 9-1-1 Public Safety Answering Points (CDC) (PDF)
- EMS Guidance during Ebola (CDC) (PDF)
- Helicopter EMS Utilization Guidelines P-00691 (PDF)