Dedicated to Consistent Quality Care Across the State of Wisconsin
The mission of the Wisconsin Emergency Medical Services Section is to ensure that the highest quality and standards of pre-hospital emergency medical care is available to all citizens of and visitors to Wisconsin.
Through leadership, support, and regulation, the EMS Section ensures the development and maintenance of a high quality Emergency Medical Services delivery system for the State of Wisconsin. Its primary focus is to reduce both human suffering and economic loss from premature death and disability resulting from sudden illness or injury.
Attention Providers: Please make sure the email address entered in your E-Licensing account is current and that you are able to access it regularly. Our office uses the email addresses in E-Licensing to communicate with all EMS Providers, Service Directors, and Medical Directors.
- The Department of Health Services web page on the Ebola virus has recently been updated with more links and current information.
- The CDC has released an Algorithm for Emergency Medical Services and 9-1-1 Public Safety Answering Points.
- Updated EMS Guidance has recently been provided from the CDC based on current information.
- - WARNING - Some orders of Normal Saline IV solutions have been shipped a simulated IV solution meant for training purposes only. Please confirm that any Wallcur solutions are the correct ones. Please see the FDA Warning for further information.
- The Wisconsin State Council on Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Prevention Committee has published Wisconsin Heroin Epidemic: Strategies and Solutions. This document looks at the increase in heroin use and offers some suggestions on prevention and treatment.
- Helicopter EMS Utilization Guidelines (P-00691) (PDF, 648 KB) are now available for use.