Dedicated to Consistent, High-Quality Care Across the State of Wisconsin
The mission of the Wisconsin Emergency Medical Services Section is to ensure that the highest quality and standards of pre-hospital emergency medical care is available to all citizens of and visitors to Wisconsin.
Through leadership, support, and regulation, the EMS Section ensures the development and maintenance of a high quality Emergency Medical Services delivery system for the State of Wisconsin. Its primary focus is to reduce both human suffering and economic loss from premature death and disability resulting from sudden illness or injury.
Attention Providers: Please make sure the email address entered in your E-Licensing account is current and that you are able to access it regularly. Our office uses the email addresses in E-Licensing to communicate with all EMS Providers, Service Directors, and Medical Directors.
- Welcome to our new Wisconsin EMS Section Chief, James Newlun. He started his new position as of Monday, July 13, 2015 and we are pleased to have him onboard. James can be reached at 608-261-6870 or via email at James.Newlun@Wisconsin.gov.
- Service Director Training dates for 2015 (PDF, 51 KB) are posted. Courses will be presented in two consecutive evening sessions from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. each evening. Please make plans to attend. While initially intended specifically for Service Directors, these courses are open to all EMS providers. Registration will be done through WI-Train. Please use Course ID 1056696 to register.
- The Department of Health Services web page on the Ebola virus has recently been updated with more links and current information.
- The CDC has released an Algorithm for Emergency Medical Services and 9-1-1 Public Safety Answering Points.
- Updated EMS Guidance has recently been provided from the CDC based on current information.
- Helicopter EMS Utilization Guidelines (P-00691) (PDF, 648 KB) are now available for use.