Dedicated to Consistent, High-Quality Care Across the State of Wisconsin
The mission of the Wisconsin Emergency Medical Services Section is to ensure that the highest quality and standards of pre-hospital emergency medical care is available to all citizens of and visitors to Wisconsin.
Through leadership, support, and regulation, the EMS Section ensures the development and maintenance of a high quality Emergency Medical Services delivery system for the State of Wisconsin. Its primary focus is to reduce both human suffering and economic loss from premature death and disability resulting from sudden illness or injury.
Attention Providers: Please make sure the email address entered in your E-Licensing account is current and that you are able to access it regularly. Our office uses the email addresses in E-Licensing to communicate with all EMS Providers, Service Directors, and Medical Directors.
- The next WARDS Training session will be Wednesday and Thursday, July 27 and 28, 2016. It will be held in Eau Claire at Sacred Heart Hospital, 900 W. Clairemont Avenue. The class will go from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. each night with registration starting at 5:30 p.m. To sign up for this class, please register through Wi TRAIN using course ID: 1049572.
- The next Service Directors Training session will be held Monday and Tuesday, August 8 and 9, 2016. It will be held in Sparta at Western Technical College - Sparta Campus, Public Safety Training Facility, 11177 County Road A. The class will go from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. each night with registration starting at 5:30 p.m. To sign up for this class, please register through Wi TRAIN using course ID: 1056696.
- The Office of Preparedness and Emergency Health Care (OPEHC) has issued a document titled Health Care Coalitions (HCC) and EMS P-01198 (PDF, 312 KB). It explains why EMS should be involved and how they can participate. It also identifies the HCC Regions and the Coordinators and Medical Advisors involved.
- We have added an Instructor web page to provide specific information for all instructors.
- EMS Numbered Memo #16-03 (PDF, 56 KB) announces the SFY 2017 EMS Funding Assistance Program (FAP). It provides information on who is eligible and how to apply for these monies.
- EMS Numbered Memo #16-02 (PDF, 46 KB) identifies the difference between Mutual Aid and Coverage agreements. Each has its specific purpose, and one should not be used for both situations.
- EMS Numbered Memo #16-01 (PDF, 57 KB) describes how to include First Responders as members of a legal crew for a service. In all cases, the Operational Plan for the service must be updated to include how this level will now be used by the service.
- Ebola virus web page (Department of Health Services)
- Algorithm for EMS and 9-1-1 Public Safety Answering Points (CDC) (PDF, 448 KB)
- EMS Guidance during Ebola (CDC) (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Helicopter EMS Utilization Guidelines P-00691 (PDF, 648 KB)