The Wisconsin Department of Health Services is working to reduce the impact of mental illnesses on Wisconsin’s citizens and communities. Good mental health is an essential component of good physical health.
Everybody has mental health and just like physical health a person's mental health may be good or may need attention. Here are some steps to take toward better mental health.
- Connect with others
- Stay positive
- Get physically active
- Help others
- Get enough sleep
- Develop coping skills
- Get professional help if you need it.
Be a Safe Person
Join the "Safe Person" campaign! Let others know that you want to offer a non-judgmental listening ear and effective support when able. "Safe Person" campaign members commit to uphold seven promises.
Support is Available
- Community Recovery Services (CRS) - Adults
- Community Support Programs (CSP) - Adults
- Comprehensive Community Services (CCS) - Adults and Children
- Coordinated Services Teams (CST) Initiatives - Children
- Veterans Outreach and Recovery Program (VORP) - Adults
Peer Run Respites
Peer Run Respites are for individuals living with mental health or substance use concerns. There are locations in Appleton, Madison, and Menomonie. Each location offers a safe, supportive environment during times of increased stress or difficulty.
Suicide is a leading cause of death—and it's preventable. Get resources to save lives.