The Wisconsin Department of Health Services is working to reduce the impact of mental illnesses on Wisconsin residents.
Good mental health is an essential component of good physical health. Here are some steps from mentalhealth.gov that individuals can take toward better mental health.
- Connect with others
- Stay positive
- Get physically active
- Help others
- Get enough sleep
- Develop coping skills
- Get professional help, if needed
Be a Safe Person
Join the "Safe Person" campaign! Let others know you offer a no judgment zone. "Safe Person" campaign members commit to uphold seven promises.
- Community Recovery Services (CRS) - Adults
- Community Support Programs (CSP) - Adults
- Comprehensive Community Services (CCS) - Adults and Children
- Coordinated Services Teams (CST) Initiatives - Children
Peer-run respites are managed and staffed by people who use their unique set of mental health and substance use recovery experiences in combination with skills training to provide hope, health, and healing to adults facing similar challenges. There are locations in Appleton, Madison, and Menomonie.
Suicide is a leading cause of death—and it's preventable. Get resources to save lives.