The Family Planning Only Services Program provides men and women with certain family planning-related services and supplies to prevent unplanned pregnancies.
If you have questions about the Family Planning Only Services Program, including questions about covered services, you can call Member Services at 1-800-362-3002, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
To be eligible for the Family Planning Only Services Program, you must:
- Live in Wisconsin
- Be a U.S. citizen or have a qualifying immigration status.
- Be of childbearing or reproductive age.
- Have income at or below $3,253.79* per month. Only your own income is counted. Your assets are not counted.
- Not be enrolled in Wisconsin Medicaid or BadgerCare Plus. (You can be enrolled in private health insurance while you are enrolled in the Family Planning Only Services Program.)
* This income limit is effective February 1, 2020. The income limit is based on federal guidelines, which may change each year.
Only certain services are covered under the Family Planning Only Services Program, and those services must be related to a family planning office visit. For example, Pap tests are only covered under the Family Planning Only Services Program when they are completed at a family planning office visit or with a referral from a family planning provider.
Services that may be covered under the Family Planning Only Services Program if they are provided at an initial, yearly, or follow-up family planning-related office visit include the following:
- Contraceptive services and supplies (for example, birth control pills and condoms) for which you have a prescription from a doctor, nurse practitioner, physician assistant, or nurse midwife
- Natural family planning supplies
- Pap tests
- Routine preventive primary services that are family planning-related
- Tests and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases or infections like chlamydia, herpes, gonorrhea, and syphilis, as well as certain other lab tests
- Voluntary sterilizations for women and men 21 years old or older
Only certain services are covered under the Family Planning Only Services Program. Services not covered under the Family Planning Only Services Program include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Inpatient hospital services
- Other services provided during a family planning-related visit that are not family planning-related
If you apply for or get coverage from the Family Planning Only Services Program:
- You can choose where to send written information. Written information can be sent to an address other than your home address.
- If you are younger than 18 years old, your local agency will not contact your parents or other caretakers.
- If you are younger than 18 years old, you will not be referred to a child support agency.