Mental Health: Provider Information
This page is for professionals who provide mental health services. If you are looking for information on mental health services in your community, call 211.
Wis. Admin. Code ch. DHS 35 Providers
All providers certified under Wis. Admin. Code ch. DHS 35 are encouraged to participate in quarterly virtual meetings with staff from the Division of Care and Treatment Services, Division of Medicaid Services, and Division of Quality Assurance.
All meetings are held from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
Join our behavioral health provider email list to receive information on how to join these meetings.
- July 11
- October 10
Second quarter 2023 meeting
- No slides presented
- April 18, 2023, video
SPECIAL MEETING: Training and technical assistance regarding DHS 75.50
First quarter 2023 meeting - Information for DHS 35 providers pursuing DHS 75 certification
SPECIAL MEETING: Access and continuity of care discussion
- No slides presented
- December 13, 2022, video
SPECIAL MEETING: DHS 75 Outpatient Services Overview
Third quarter 2022 meeting - Overview of DHS 75 certification requirement
Crisis Intervention Network
All professionals who respond to mental health crisis situations are invited to participate in monthly virtual meetings with staff from the Division of Care and Treatment Services, Division of Medicaid Services, and Division of Quality Assurance.
Join our Crisis Intervention Network email list to receive information on how to join these meetings.
Rules and regulations
- Wis. Stat. ch. 51 - State Alcohol, Drug Abuse, Developmental Disabilities and Mental Health Act
- Wis. Admin. Code ch. DHS 34 - Emergency Mental Health Service Programs
- Wis. Admin. Code ch. DHS 35 - Outpatient Mental Health Clinics
- Wis. Admin. Code ch. DHS 36 - Comprehensive Community Services for Persons with Mental Disorders and Substance Use Disorders
- Wis. Admin. Code ch. DHS 40 - Mental Health Day Treatment Services for Children
- Wis. Admin. Code ch. DHS 50 - Youth Crisis Stabilization Facilities
- Wis. Admin. Code ch. DHS 61 - Community Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities
- Wis. Admin. Code ch. DHS 63 - Community Support Programs for Chronically Mentally Ill Persons
- Mental Health Treatment Programs - Certification
- Client rights
- Foundations of Wisconsin Wraparound
- Person-Centered Planning
- Wisconsin Public Psychiatry Network Teleconference
Wisconsin START Initiative
In 2022, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services contracted with the National Center for START Services to evaluate the state’s service system for people who have intellectual and developmental disabilities and mental health needs. Called the START Scan (PDF), this evaluation helped us learn how effective services and supports are for people who have intellectual and developmental disabilities and mental health needs in Wisconsin.
The START Scan will drive our next steps to make improvements. We need your help to analyze and address the START Scan's findings in Wisconsin. Visit our START Initiative page to learn more and see how to get involved.
Division of Care and Treatment Services
- Questions regarding mental health services training and technical assistance
- Questions regarding substance use services training and technical assistance
Division of Medicaid Services
Questions about Medicaid polices and procedures
Division of Quality Assurance
Questions about certifications, waivers, and variances
Find a form or publication