This page provides access to statistical publications and other information based primarily on aggregate data from Wisconsin birth records. Wisconsin Stat. ch. 69 mandates the State Registrar in the Department of Health Services (DHS) to supervise and direct the collection of birth data. This statute also requires DHS to issue annual statistical reports based on the data.
Some of the publications on this page also rely on other data sources, including death records, fetal death reports, and reports of induced terminations of pregnancy. Wisconsin Stat. ch. 69 also governs the collection and use of these kinds of data.
Contact the Office of Health Informatics
If you have questions about the data on this page, please contact us at the Office of Health Informatics.
Annual Wisconsin Birth and Infant Mortality Report, 2017 P-01161-19 (June 2019)
Other reports and data products:
- 25 Most Popular First Names for Newborns, 2017 (June 2019)
- Births to Wisconsin Residents by County (annual table) (February 2015)
- WISH data query system (births, infant deaths, and other topics)
- Wisconsin Healthy Birth Outcomes Initiative
- Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS)