The Wisconsin Music & Memory Program has been designed to bring personalized music to individuals diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease and other related dementias.
The Wisconsin Music & Memory Program has successfully funded 250 nursing homes to become certified MUSIC & MEMORYSM facilities through Dan Cohen's MUSIC & MEMORY SM Certification Program.
The certification process required nursing home staff to attend a series of three 90-minute webinars, taught by MUSIC & MEMORY SM founding Executive Director, Dan Cohen, MSW.
The webinars provide training on:
- The benefits of personalized music.
- Research on personalized music as a therapeutic tool.
- How to reduce the use of certain medications.
- Tools to measure the success of the program.
- How to create a customized play list.
- How to get family and staff involved in the process.
As a follow up to the webinars, the facilities will continue to receive a year of support from Dan Cohen as well as from the Department of Health Services.
- Press release announcing the expansion of the Wisconsin Music & Memory Program!
- DHS collaborated with the three Wisconsin Alzheimer's Association for the 2015 Walk to End Alzheimer's®.
- Wisconsin Music & Memory Program brochure.
- Let us introduce you to our Success Stories!
- In the News - Wisconsin Music & Memory facilities are getting a lot of attention!
If you haven't met Henry, spend just 6 minutes to see the effect the Wisconsin Music & Memory Program can have on the lives of your residents and staff!