This page is for professionals who provide substance use services. If you are looking for information on substance use services in your community, call 211 or 833-944-4673 for the Wisconsin Addiction Recovery Helpline or visit addictionhelpwi.org.
Wis. Admin. Code ch. DHS 75 Providers
All providers certified under Wis. Admin. Code ch. DHS 75 are encouraged to participate in monthly virtual meetings with staff from the Division of Care and Treatment Services, Division of Medicaid Services, and Division of Quality Assurance.
Crisis Intervention Network
All professionals who respond to substance use crisis situations are invited to participate in monthly virtual meetings with staff from the Division of Care and Treatment Services, Division of Medicaid Services, and Division of Quality Assurance.
Rules and regulations
- Wis. Stat. ch. 51 - State Alcohol, Drug Abuse, Developmental Disabilities and Mental Health Act
- Wis. Admin. Code ch. DHS 75 - Community Substance Abuse Service Standards
- Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Programs - Certification
- Client rights
- American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Project ECHO®
- Comprehensive Training for Dentists: Dental Pain Management in the Midst of the Evolving Substance Use Disorder Epidemic
- Opioids, Stimulants, and Trauma Summit
- Person-Centered Planning
- Wisconsin Substance Use Treatment Project ECHO®
- Wisconsin Public Psychiatry Network Teleconference
- Wisconsin Women's Treatment Project ECHO®
- ForwardHealth: COVID-19 News and Resources
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration COVID-19 Updates
- ForwardHealth: Telehealth Expansion and Related Resources for Providers
- Recovery Residences Registry (PDF) | Recovery Residences Approval Process
- Resilient Wisconsin
Division of Care and Treatment Services
- Amanda Lake (Substance use services supervisor)
- Saima Chauhan (Substance use treatment coordinator)
- Beth Collier (State opioid treatment authority)
Division of Medicaid Services
Division of Quality Assurance
- Email staff who work with substance use providers
- Waivers and variances for behavioral health providers
Priority treatment posters
Agencies receiving Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant funds must give pregnant women priority in treatment admissions. Use one or all of these posters to inform clients of this rule. Provide agency contact information in the spaces provided before printing.
UW Addiction Consultation Provider Hotline
The UW Addiction Consultation Provider Hotline offers on-call help to health care providers who seek support and direction to treat patients with substance use issues. This includes addictions to alcohol, nicotine, marijuana, opioids, and stimulants. This hotline is operated by the UW-Madison School of Medicine and Public Health and UW Health. It is open to all health care providers statewide under a grant from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services. Health care providers do not need to be affiliated with UW-Madison or UW Health to use the service.