Please report algae-related illness to the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, Division of Public Health. To speak with program staff directly, call 608-266-1120.
- Wisconsin Poison Center, 1-800-222-1222
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Blue-Green Algae Website
- Wisconsin Beach Health Information
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Harmful Algal Bloom-Associated Illness Website
- World Health Organization (WHO) Cyanobacteria Website
- Blue-green Algae in Wisconsin Webinar
How to Report a Suspect Case of Blue-Green Algae (Cyanobacteria) Poisoning
For members of the general public and veterinarians: call 608-266-1120 or complete the online form Harmful Algae Bloom (HAB) Illness or Sighting Survey, F-02152 (Web Survey) to report any blue-green algae blooms and related human or animal illnesses to the Wisconsin Harmful Algal Blooms Program.