Children in out-of-home care are eligible for Medical Assistance. Care4Kids gives parents a choice to enroll their child in a fully coordinated Medicaid medical care system or to have them receive Medical Assistance fee-for-service benefits. Parents may enroll or disenroll their child at any time.
Key benefits of Care4Kids include:
- An out-of-home care health screen within two business days of entering care.
- A comprehensive initial health assessment within 30 days of entering care.
- A mental health screening and, if needed, a mental health evaluation.
- All Medicaid-covered benefits.
- Dental and vision care.
- Ongoing routine check-ups.
- A health care coordinator.
- Preferred access to Child Advocacy Centers and Centers of Excellence.
- A comprehensive health care plan tailored to the child's individual health needs.
- Ongoing health care for an additional 12 months after discharge from out-of-home care.