Milwaukee Enrollment Services (MilES)

COVID-19 Updates

We are committed to protecting the health and safety of our members during the COVID-19 pandemic. To stay informed about the latest program updates, limitations to in-person contacts, general COVID-19 resources, and more, please go to the COVID-19: ForwardHealth Program Updates for You and Your Family webpage.


Milwaukee Enrollment Services (MilES) manages all aspects of income maintenance (IM) programs within Milwaukee County. MilES maintains a policy of "no wrong door." A person may call the MilES Call Center or walk into any of its locations and receive assistance. All case files are electronic. This means a MilES worker can provide assistance, regardless of the location or the method of contact (phone, online, or face-to-face at the location that is most convenient for the person).

Milwaukee County residents can get help with:
  • FoodShare
  • Medicaid
  • BadgerCare Plus
  • Caretaker Supplement
  • Family Planning Only Services
  • Wisconsin Shares Child Care Subsidy
Applicants or members can:
  • Apply for benefits
  • Pay premiums
  • Ask questions
  • Talk to a worker
  • Submit proof or verification of information
  • Report changes
  • Renew benefits
  • Get a new QUEST card
MilES re-entry and customer facing operations until full re-opening

Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, in-person operations at MilES locations have been restricted. Beginning Tuesday, July 6, MilES began reopening services at the Coggs Center in Milwaukee at a limited capacity. On Monday, September 13, most services will resume at the Coggs Center. On Monday, September 20, EBT replacement cards will be available.

Please see the questions and answers below for more details about services available right now. If you have other questions, please contact MilES by calling 888-947-6583.

Read the MilES Re-Entry Plan (PDF) for more information about a safe return to in-person services.


Can I sign up for benefits?

Yes, there are four ways you can apply for benefits:

In person: Paper applications are available at the front desk when walking into the Coggs location, 1220 W. Vliet. If you do not want to complete an application, you can establish a filing date by completing a “Doc 1.” The filing date is important because, if you are eligible for benefits, the filing date determines when your benefits should start.

Mail or fax: You can mail or fax your paper application. You can find the mailing address on the application, or the fax number is 414-438-4580.

Online: You can apply for benefits using any computer with internet access or tablet using the web-based program, ACCESS ( However, if you do not have access to a computer or tablet, you can apply in Self Help area in the MilES building. Staff will be available to assist customers needing additional support.

Phone: You can call 888-947-6583 to apply over the phone, which includes completing an interview. 

Can I get forms?

Forms are available at the front desk, including:

  • Application forms for FoodShare, Medicaid, and/or BadgerCare Plus
  • Appeals forms for a fair hearing
    • For Medicaid appeals, a signature is required.
    • For FoodShare appeals, requests can also be completed by calling 888-947-6583.
  • Customer complaint forms

Can I speak to someone in person?

Yes, limited staff will be on site to provide technical assistance to people using the Self Help area.

Can I speak to someone on the phone?

Yes, phone services will continue to be provided. Customers can call 888-947-6583.

Can I get my homeless mail?

Yes, homeless mail pick-up has been extended to 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Can I get a replacement FoodShare card?

FoodShare replacement cards will not be available on site. However, customers can call 877-415-5164 to get a new card. Cards are usually received in the mail in 2 to 3 business days. 

Can I submit documents?

Yes, there are several ways that documents/verification can be submitted.

In-person: Submit your documents at the Coggs Center between 8 a.m and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. This allows you to maintain your documents once they have been scanned.

Online: Upload documents to the ACCESS website, or use your smartphone to submit documents through the MyACCESS mobile app. 

Mail: Send documents to the MDPU PO Box: 05676 Milwaukee, WI 53205. 

Fax: Use a Document Tracking Sheet and fax to 888-409-1979.

How do I get the mobile app?

  • Search for “MyACCESS Wisconsin” in the App Store or Google Play.
  • Download the MyACCESS Mobile app on your smartphone for free.

The MyACCESS mobile app will let you check your benefits, get reminders, and submit documents (take a picture and upload through the app). 

Will there be translation services on site and by telephone?

Yes, translation services are provided on site for the following:

  • Spanish
  • Hmong
  • Karen
  • Sign language (Provided by appointment; without an appointment, there may be a half an hour wait)

For all other languages, translation services are provided by telephone. 

Is the Coggs Center accessible?

Yes, the Coggs Center is accessible. The front door on Vliet Street is an accessibility entrance. The building’s exit is also accessible. In addition, staff are available to help anyone who comes to the Self Help area for document scanning and mail pick-up.

Contact MilES

Phone and Fax

  • Phone: 888-947-6583 (voice) or 711 (TTY), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
  • Fax: 414-438-4580
  • Fax with a Document Tracking Sheet: 888-409-1979


  • ACCESS, an online tool to:
    • Apply for benefits
    • Check benefits
    • Report changes
    • Renew benefits

In Person

Note: due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in-person access is limited.

  • Coggs Center
    1220 W. Vliet St.
    Milwaukee, WI 53205
    Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday
  • United Migrant Opportunity Services (UMOS)
    2701 S. Chase Ave.
    Milwaukee, WI 53207
    Hours: currently closed

  • Ross Innovative Employment Solutions
    7800 W. Brown Deer Road (2nd Floor)
    Milwaukee, WI 53223
    Hours: currently closed


Milwaukee Enrollment Services (MilES)
PO Box 05676
Milwaukee, WI 53205-0676

FoodShare On-Demand Interview Hours

FoodShare applicants and members whose case is managed by MilES may call to complete their FoodShare interview without a scheduled appointment Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.


To get help applying in your area, call 211. If you do not live in Milwaukee County and you need help applying for FoodShare, BadgerCare Plus, Medicaid, or other programs, find your local agency.

Suspect fraud? Find fraud contacts online.

Last Revised: September 13, 2021