The Wisconsin Medicaid Promoting Interoperability Program, formerly known as the Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program, was established as part of Section 4201 of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009. The program is one part of the broader health information technology (HIT) infrastructure to reform health care and improve health care quality, efficiency, and patient safety.
The Wisconsin Medicaid Promoting Interoperability Program provides incentive payments to Eligible Hospitals and Eligible Professionals as they adopt, implement, upgrade, or demonstrate the Meaningful Use of CEHRT.
Read below for information on the Wisconsin Medicaid Promoting Interoperability Program attestation system readiness to accept Eligible Professional (EP) applications, important messages for Program Year 2021, and other general announcements.
Note: The Wisconsin Medicaid Promoting Interoperability Program is not accepting attestations as all of the Eligible Hospitals in Wisconsin have completed their final year of the Program.
- Closed: The last day an Eligible Professional could submit a Program Year 2021 application was August 1, 2021.
- For an overview of the registration and application process for the Wisconsin Medicaid Promoting Interoperability Program, please refer to the Eligible Professional Application Process Guide (PDF).
- Are you ready for Stage 3? Read our Preparing for Stage 3 Tip sheet (PDF) to better tackle requirements and prepare for attestation.
- Visit the Resources page to view our previously recorded educational webinars.
- Eligible Professionals are required to register with the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS), Division of Public Health (DPH), to initiate an onboarding process for any of the public health objectives. For more information, visit Public Health.
- Supported by MetaStar and funded by DHS, the Medicaid Health IT Extension Program now offers free expert assistance to Medicaid-enrolled health care providers as they adopt, implement, upgrade, and meaningfully use CEHRT. For more information on these services or to sign up for assistance, go to the Contacts page or send an email.
Introduction Videos for Eligible Professionals: