Medicaid Nursing Home fee-for-service rate setting and reimbursement is governed by the authority of Wis. Stat. §. 49.45(6m). The Division of Medicaid Services uses a methodology described in Wisconsin's State Medicaid Plan attachment 4.19-D, the Methods of Implementation for Wisconsin Medicaid Nursing Home Payment Rates.
2020 Meeting schedule
July 31, 1:00–3:00 p.m.
September 4, 10:00 a.m.–Noon
Case Mix Index Resident Rosters
- Quarterly case mix index (CMI) summary resident rosters for nursing home rates are available through the ForwardHealth Portal.
- To access your case mix roster, log in to the ForwardHealth Portal and click on “Trade Files,” then “File Download.” The rosters are only accessible to the portal administrator and to those with the portal security role “trade files”.
- To grant access to a staff member who already has a portal account but does not have the “trade files” security role, have your portal administrator follow the instructions for adding a role, which can be found in section 6.2 of the Provider Portal Account User Guide (P-00952).
- To request provider portal access, complete the Request Portal Access on the ForwardHealth website.
- Summary rosters are released quarterly and will remain available for download for a period of one year after their release.
- To request a detailed resident roster showing the CMI of every assessment for each resident and the corresponding number of patient days at each Resource Utilization Groups (RUGs) level, please contact your regional auditor.
Public Provider Meeting Information
Previous meeting dates
- September 9, 2019 - Meeting materials (PDF)
- May 7, 2019 - Meeting materials (PDF)
- November 30, 2018 - Meeting materials (PDF)
- August 20, 2018 - Agenda and meeting materials (PDF)
- June 28, 2018 - Agenda and meeting materials (PDF)
- April 19, 2018 - Agenda and meeting materials (PDF)
- August 23, 2017 - Agenda and meeting materials (PDF)
- July 12, 2017 - Agenda and meeting materials (PDF)
- May 11, 2017 - Agenda and meeting materials (PDF)