New Program Announcement!
Recovery Housing Voucher Initiative
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) will create a new voucher program, overseen by the Department of Administration (DOA) to support individuals in recovery who are experiencing or at risk for homelessness. More information about this program is available in the program announcement flyer (PDF).
Recovery Residences are home-like, residential environments that promote healthy recovery from a substance use disorder and support persons recovering from a substance use disorder through the use of peer recovery support. See Wis. Stat. § 46.234.
To become an approved Recovery Residence, you must complete the following process.
- Agree to the following expectations:
- Operate with integrity, uphold residents' rights, create a culture of empowerment where residents engage in governance and leadership, and develop abilities to apply the social model form of recovery that focuses on learning from the experiences of peers who are also in recovery.
- Provide a home-like, safe, and healthy environment.
- Facilitate active recovery and recovery community engagement, model positive social behaviors and relationship enhancement skills, and cultivate residents' senses of belonging and responsibility toward community.
- Maintain an environment in the residence free from alcohol and illicit drugs.
- Have courtesy rules for residents and be responsive to concerns of neighbors to the residence.
- Display in the residence the code of ethics, grievance procedure, and grievance contact information.
- As of April 1, 2022, the recovery residence will not exclude any resident solely on the basis that the resident is participating in medication-assisted treatment.
- Complete the Recovery Residence Registry Application, F-02706 (Word).
Submit your completed F-02706 application to:DHS/Division of Quality AssuranceBehavioral Health Certification SectionPO Box 2969Madison, WI 53701-2969
If your request is approved, DHS will place your recovery residence on the statewide Recovery Residence Registry (PDF) within 30 days.
You will be notified by DHS if your request is not approved.