Standards of practice resources assisted living providers and other healthcare providers may find helpful.
Guideline for the Prevention of Falls in Older Persons, American Geriatrics Society, British Geriatrics Society, and American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Panel on Falls Prevention
- National Council on Aging
- American Journal of Infection Control: Safe Injection (PDF)
- Prevention and Control of Bed Bugs in Health Care Facilities (PDF)
- Use and Care of Leg Bags
- World Health Organization: Guidelines on Hand Hygiene in Health Care
- Centers For Disease Control And Prevention:
- Imagine - David Pitonyak's website with articles and resources for supporting persons with difficult behavior
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2015-2020 Eight Edition
- Tufts University: My Plate for Older Americans
- US Department of Agriculture: Choose My Plate
- Bathing Without a Battle - A joint production of the Cecil G. Sheps Center of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and the Oregon Health and Science University, in conjunction with the Institute of Aging of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and EO Studios, Inc., Athens GA
- Tooth Wisdom for Caregivers - Contains a video entitled "Daily Oral Care for the Nursing Home Resident with Dementia" and other senior oral care resources.
- Feet Can Last a Lifetime - A Health Care Provider's Guide to Preventing Diabetes Foot Problems - A joint program of the National Institutes of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel
- Avoiding Physical Restraints
- Hospital Beds
- Hospital Bed System Dimensional and Assessment Guidance to Reduce Entrapment