Wisconsin Stat.§ 256.25(1r) instructs the Department of Health Services (DHS) to develop and implement a statewide trauma care system and to develop Regional Trauma Advisory Councils (RTACs) as part of the system. An RTAC is a group of healthcare organizations, first responder agencies, and public safety and public health partners collaborating to develop, implement, monitor and improve their regional trauma system. Wisconsin has established seven RTACs that align with the seven healthcare emergency readiness coalitions (HERCs).
In order to serve their purpose, RTACs are charged with doing all of the following:
- Establishing an executive council that reflects professional representation from out-of-hospital providers, trauma care facilities, education and injury prevention.
- Analyzing local and regional trauma registry data.
- Creating a local and regional performance improvement process.
- Developing and implementing injury prevention and education strategies based on performance improvement findings.
- Developing and submitting to DHS a regional trauma plan based on a needs assessment.
- Developing regional triage and transport protocols.
Regional Trauma Advisory Councils
There are seven RTACs in Wisconsin. Below is information for each of the seven RTACs including the RTAC coordinators and their contact information, the chairs and vice chairs in each region, and links to the regional websites.
|RTAC Coordinator||Jason Selwitschka|
|Co-Chair||Jeff Grimm, ThedaStar Air Medical|
|Vice Chair||Tracy Miller, Aurora Medical Center - Oshkosh|
|RTAC Coordinator||Delbert Zuleger|
|Chair||Mark Madigan, County Rescue Services, Inc.|
|Vice-Chair||Todd Nelson, Holy Family Memorial|
|RTAC Coordinator||Michael Fraley|
|Chair||Rachel Symons, Marshfield Medical Center|
|Vice-Chair||Jenny Blenker, Aspirus Stevens Point Hospital|
|RTAC Coordinator||Robert Goodland|
|Co-Chair||Wayne Street, Mayo Clinic Health System|
|Co-Chair||Susan Ehman, HealthPartners|
|RTAC Coordinator||Dan Williams|
|Chair||Tracie Halvorsen, SSM Health|
|Treasurer||Karmen Bryer, Beloit Health System|
|RTAC Coordinator||Tom Thrash|
|Chair||Keli Anderson, Froedtert and Medical College of Wisconsin|
Additional contact information for HERC and EMS regional coordinators is available.
For corrections to the listings available on this page, please contact the State Trauma Coordinator.
Disclaimer about advisory council content
This content reflects the views and opinions of the advisory council. It may not reflect the official policy or position of DHS.