Any doctor can prescribe PrEP. You may want to ask your doctor if he or she would prescribe PrEP to you.
Not all doctors are familiar with PrEP. Below are resources about talking with your doctor and materials about PrEP you might share with your doctor:
- CDC brochure: Talk to Your Doctor about PrEP (PDF, 834 KB)
- CDC brochure: Talk to Your Doctor about PrEP (Spanish) (PDF, 759 KB)
- CDC PrEP Infographic for Clinicians (PDF, 224 KB)
- Project Inform brochure: Working through a Difficult Doctor Visit (PDF, 334 KB)
- Public Health Service PrEP Clinical Guidelines (PDF, 867 KB)
- Provider Supplement to Public Health Service PrEP Clinical Guidelines (PDF, 690 KB)
- Clinician Consultation Center - University of California, San Francisco
If you do not have a doctor or would like to go to a different medical provider to get PrEP, see the following list of medical providers that offer PrEP in Wisconsin. This is a list of primarily Wisconsin providers who are offering PrEP and who indicated interest in being included on this listing. It is not an exhaustive list of all clinicians providing PrEP in Wisconsin. The Department of Health Services does not recommend specific providers.
Wisconsin PrEP Providers List P-01180 (PDF, 256 KB) Spanish Version of Wisconsin PrEP Providers List P-01180S (PDF, 126 KB)