The Department of Health Services (DHS) establishes grant contracts with counties, tribes, school districts, boards, and a number of non-profit organizations for the implementation of the Department's programs. These grant contracts require these agencies to follow the Department's administration and auditing requirements in the Financial Management Manual, due to the manner in which these grant contracts are established. Audits of these agencies and Department programs are to be conducted by certified public accountants and accounting firms in accordance with federal and state audit requirements.
This web site provides information for agencies and auditors on DHS requirements for auditing government funding.
Auditing Government Funding
- Department Audit Requirements
- Federal Audit Requirements
- Other Audit Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions about Performing Audits, Sending Audit Reports to DHS, and Receiving Audit Related Information
Grant Contract Administration Resources
- Allowable Cost Policy Manual
- Financial Management Manual (P-80049)
- Financial Management Handbook for Human Services Agencies (PDF, 150 KB)
- Grant Administration Requirements
DHS Funding and Audit Confirmations
- Community Aids Reporting System (CARS) - The CARS 603 report serves as audit confirmations for DHS programs that are paid through CARS. Please refer to the CARS web page for retrieving the CARS 603 report. In addition, this page has lists that crosswalk CARS profiles to the respective federal and state funding sources. All questions about CARS should be referred to the CARS staff contacts listed on that page.
- Purchase orders - Complete the Audit Confirmation Request Form and follow the instructions on the form for sending it to the department. The department will confirm the amount of payments and provide information on funding source for the payments. Call the number listed on the form if you have questions.
Audit Confirmation Request Form F-80479 (Word, 77 KB)
Audit Confirmation Request Form F-80479 (PDF, 15 KB)