News and updates
June 2021: Wisconsin Council on Physical Disabilities (CPD) and GCPD partnered to create the Emergency Preparedness Communications Folder. This folder was designed as a resource for health care providers and people with disabilities to address communication and access barriers in health care settings.
The Wisconsin Council on Physical Disabilities was created by the state legislature in 1989. Its mission, established by Wisconsin state statute 46.29 is to:
- Develop and implement a state plan for services to people with physical disabilities.
- Advise and make recommendations to state agencies on relevant legislation.
- Promote public awareness about the abilities of and barriers to people with physical disabilities.
- Encourage the development of programs and policies that prevent physical disabilities.
- And submit recommendations in an annual report to the state legislature.
Please note: The Council on Physical Disabilities (CPD) values your input on program, policies, and legislation that impacts people with disabilities. The CPD works on and recommends changes in disability programs and policies. The CPD does not provide: financial assistance, direct service provision, oversight, legal advice, or enforcement of business, facilities, providers, or services in violation of the American with Disabilities Act (ADA).