Any doctor can prescribe pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP). You may want to ask your doctor if he or she would prescribe PrEP for you. There are also online, and TelePrEP services available.
Not all doctors are familiar with PrEP.
Below are resources for locating health care providers and materials about PrEP:
- Wisconsin PrEP Providers List,* P-01180
- PrEP locator tool
- CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) website on PrEP
- CDC PrEP Infographic for Clinicians (PDF)
- Public Health Service PrEP Clinical Guidelines (PDF)
- Provider Supplement to Public Health Service PrEP Clinical Guidelines (PDF)
- Clinician Consultation Center - University of California, San Francisco
- MISTR - PrEP, prescribed online and delivered to your door.
*If you do not have a doctor or would like to go to a different medical provider to get PrEP, see this list of medical providers that offer PrEP, P-01180 (English and Spanish) in Wisconsin. This is a list of providers who are offering PrEP and indicated interest in being included on this listing. It is not an exhaustive list of all clinicians providing PrEP in Wisconsin. The Department of Health Services does not recommend specific providers.