Buprenorphine X-Waiver Training Series
This series is organized by the Wisconsin Society of Addiction Medicine. It is designed to increase treatment capacity for opioid use disorders by training more prescribers to be able to treat opioid use disorders with buprenorphine. These courses are free to all Wisconsin providers who are eligible to prescribe buprenorphine (MDs, DOs, NPs, and PAs). Registration is required.
The following classes have been canceled in light of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- April 24, 2020: Neenah (morning and afternoon sessions) - CANCELED
- May 4, 2020: Wisconsin Dells - CANCELED
Future classes are scheduled for the following dates and locations.
- June 16, 2020: Platteville
- July 21, 2020: Ashland
- August 18, 2020: Minocqua
- September 15, 2020: Green Bay
- November 17, 2020: Wauwatosa
The 2020 DHS Opioid Forum scheduled to be held May 5-7, 2020, in the Wisconsin Dells has been postponed. Learn more about this event.
Wisconsin's Opioid Crisis: A Trauma-Informed Response
This event was held in Green Bay April 2-3, 2019. It focused on the role of trauma in the misuse and abuse of opioids. Many of the sessions were recorded.
April 2, 2019
- Remarks from Paul Krupski, Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Trauma-informed courtroom care for parents with AODA treatment needs (Honorable Rev. Everett D. Mitchell, M.Div., Th.M., J.D.)
- Human trafficking, trauma, and opioids (S. Michele Cohen, Ph.D., MA, LPC, LCPC; Thelma Newby, Ph.D., Debbie Lassiter, D.Div)
- The brain chemistry of addiction and trauma: Intricate links (Carol Ackley)
April 3, 2019
- Remarks from Scott Webb, Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- ACEs and the war on drugs: Prevention and recovery (Mishka Terplan, M.D.)
- Gender and the opioid crisis: Appropriate public health response (Mishka Terplan, M.D.)
- Stories from the field and next steps