The 2020 DHS Opioid Forum will be held May 5-7, 2020 in the Wisconsin Dells. Learn more about this annual event.
Wisconsin's Opioid Crisis: A Trauma-Informed Response
This event was held in Green Bay April 2-3, 2019. It focused on the role of trauma in the misuse and abuse of opioids. Many of the sessions were recorded.
April 2, 2019
- Remarks from Paul Krupski, Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Trauma-informed courtroom care for parents with AODA treatment needs (Honorable Rev. Everett D. Mitchell, M.Div., Th.M., J.D.)
- Human trafficking, trauma, and opioids (S. Michele Cohen, Ph.D., MA, LPC, LCPC; Thelma Newby, Ph.D., Debbie Lassiter, D.Div)
- The brain chemistry of addiction and trauma: Intricate links (Carol Ackley)
April 3, 2019
- Remarks from Scott Webb, Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- ACEs and the war on drugs: Prevention and recovery (Mishka Terplan, M.D.)
- Gender and the opioid crisis: Appropriate public health response (Mishka Terplan, M.D.)
- Stories from the field and next steps