Wisconsin Interactive Statistics on Health Query System
The Wisconsin Interactive Statistics on Health Query System features an opioid-related hospital encounters module and an opioid overdose deaths module. Need a better understanding of the statistics? This fact sheet can help: A Guide to Interpreting Opioid Statistics, P-02084 (PDF)
Reports and studies
Monthly Suspected Opioid Overdose Reports
This county-level report has information related to suspected opioid overdose ambulance runs within Wisconsin. It uses data from the Wisconsin Ambulance Run Data System (WARDS) and provides counts and rates for the previous month, as well as trends for prior years. These are NOT confirmed opioid overdose incidents as they have not been confirmed by a clinician at the time of reporting. These reports will be updated on a monthly basis during the last week of the month.
- Northeastern Region, P-02339A (PDF) (Counties: Brown, Calumet, Door, Fond du Lac, Green Lake, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, Marinette, Marquette, Menominee, Oconto, Outagamie, Shawano, Sheboygan, Waupaca, Waushara, Winnebago)
- Northern Region, P-02339B (PDF) (Counties: Ashland, Bayfield, Florence, Forest, Iron, Langlade, Lincoln, Marathon, Oneida, Portage, Price, Sawyer, Taylor, Vilas, Wood)
- Southeastern Region, P-02339C (PDF) (Counties: Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Walworth, Washington, Waukesha)
- Southern Region, P-02339D (PDF) (Counties: Adams, Columbia, Crawford, Dane, Dodge, Grant, Green, Iowa, Jefferson, Juneau, Lafayette, Richland, Rock, Sauk, Vernon)
- Western Region, P-02339E (PDF) (Counties: Barron, Buffalo, Burnett, Chippewa, Clark, Douglas, Dunn, Eau Claire, Jackson, La Crosse, Monroe, Pepin, Pierce, Polk, Rusk, St. Croix, Trempealeau, Washburn)
Need a better understanding of what is meant by suspected opioid overdose cases? Here is a fact sheet to help explain the data sources: Opioid Overdose Data Sources: Suspected vs. Confirmed, P-02278 (PDF).
Opioid and Methamphetamine Treatment Programs: Report to the Legislature, P-02140
This annual report provides an overview of the performance of the regional opioid and methamphetamine treatment programs funded by state grants.
Preventing and Treating Harms of the Opioid Crisis, P-02605 (PDF)
This report was published in 2020. It shows the results of a mapping assessment to identify areas of Wisconsin most in need of treatment and prevention services to address the harms of the opioid crisis. A shorter summary report, P-02596 (PDF), is also available that describes the treatment and prevention services that are available in Wisconsin and highlights gaps in services.
Report on Opioid Treatment Programs in Wisconsin, P-02115
This annual report provides an overview of the performance of the accredited treatment programs in Wisconsin with Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration certification and Drug Enforcement Administration registration to administer and dispense the medications that are approved by the Food and Drug Administration to treat opioid addiction.