- County Substance Use Services
- Drug Overdose Deaths
- Opioids: Summary data
- Opioids: Deaths by county
- Opioids: Hospitalizations by county
- Opioids: Adult usage
- Opioids: Youth usage
- Opioids: Treatment by county
Wisconsin Interactive Statistics on Health (WISH)
WISH provides data tables and statistics to run your own analyses. Query WISH.
Reports and studies
Preventing and Treating Harms of the Opioid Crisis
This report shows the results of a mapping assessment to identify areas of Wisconsin most in need of treatment and prevention services to address the harms of the opioid crisis. View more information on this report.
Monthly Suspected Opioid Overdose Report
This county-level report has information related to suspected opioid overdose ambulance runs within Wisconsin. It uses data from the Wisconsin Ambulance Run Data System (WARDS) and provides counts and rates for the previous month, as well as trends for prior years. These are NOT confirmed opioid overdose incidents as they have not been confirmed by a clinician at the time of reporting. These reports will be updated on a monthly basis during the last week of the month.
- Northeastern Region, P-02339A (PDF) (Counties: Brown, Calumet, Door, Fond du Lac, Green Lake, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, Marinette, Marquette, Menominee, Oconto, Outagamie, Shawano, Sheboygan, Waupaca, Waushara, Winnebago)
- Northern Region, P-02339B (PDF) (Counties: Ashland, Bayfield, Florence, Forest, Iron, Langlade, Lincoln, Marathon, Oneida, Portage, Price, Sawyer, Taylor, Vilas, Wood)
- Southeastern Region, P-02339C (PDF) (Counties: Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Walworth, Washington, Waukesha)
- Southern Region, P-02339D (PDF) (Counties: Adams, Columbia, Crawford, Dane, Dodge, Grant, Green, Iowa, Jefferson, Juneau, Lafayette, Richland, Rock, Sauk, Vernon)
- Western Region, P-02339E (PDF) (Counties: Barron, Buffalo, Burnett, Chippewa, Clark, Douglas, Dunn, Eau Claire, Jackson, La Crosse, Monroe, Pepin, Pierce, Polk, Rusk, St. Croix, Trempealeau, Washburn)
Need a better understanding of what is meant by suspected opioid overdose cases? Here is a fact sheet to help explain the data sources: Opioid Overdose Data Sources: Suspected vs. Confirmed, P-02278 (PDF).
Opioid and Methamphetamine Treatment Programs: Report to the Legislature
This report provides an overview of the performance of the regional opioid and methamphetamine treatment programs established under the Heroin, Opioid, Prevention, Education (HOPE) Agenda.
Report on Opioid Treatment Programs in Wisconsin
This report provides an overview of the performance of the accredited treatment programs in Wisconsin with Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration certification and Drug Enforcement Administration registration to administer and dispense medications that are approved by the Food and Drug Administration to treat opioid addiction.
State Targeted Response to the Opioid Crisis Reports
- State Targeted Response to the Opioid Crisis: 2017-2019 Treatment and Recovery Activity Report, P-02548 (December 2019) (PDF)
- Wisconsin State Targeted Response to the Opioid Crisis (STR): 2018-2019 Final Prevention Activity Report, P-02175 (July 2019) (PDF)
- Wisconsin State Targeted Response to the Opioid Crisis (STR): 2017-2018 Final Prevention Activity Report, P-02175 (June 2018) (PDF)