Do you know your rights?
The following organizations can help individuals who are blind or visually impaired and their families understand vision loss. Additionally, these organizations can serve as the individual's advocate for equality.
- American Council of the Blind - ACB of Wisconsin
- National Federation of the Blind of Wisconsin
- Vision Forward Association
- WI Council of the Blind & Visually Impaired (non-profit agency)
- AAPD - American Association of People with Disabilities
- The AAPD is a non-profit, non-partisan, cross-disability organization whose goals are unity, leadership, and impact. If you need information and support, this is a good place to start.
- Blinded Veterans Association
- Great Lakes Disability and Business Technical Assistance Center
- The Great Lakes Disability and Business Technical Assistance Center (Great Lakes DBTAC) is one of 10 federally-funded regional resource centers of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- They provide information, problem solving assistance, and referrals for implementing the ADA.
- Great Lakes DBTAC serves Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.