This page provides resources for those reporting cancer cases to the Wisconsin Cancer Reporting System.
Reminder Notice: 2013 Cancer Cases Due!
- Cases diagnosed in 2013 were due to WCRS by July 1, 2014.
- Cases diagnosed before 2013 are past due and should be submitted immediately.
- Cases diagnosed January - March 2014 are due to WCRS by October 1, 2014.
In order to monitor your facility's compliance, it is important to notify WCRS if your facility:
- Has had a significant increase or decrease in your cancer caseload;
- Has begun reporting for another facility (clinic/physician office or hospital);
- Has stopped reporting for another facility (clinic/physician office or hospital); or
- Expects a delay in cancer reporting at any time.
WCRS has a list of contract abstracting services that can be used to help facilities with backlogs in reporting. Please contact us to obtain the list.
Importance of Reporting Patient Race and Ethnicity to WCRS
WCRS and all state cancer registries in the National Program of Cancer Registries ask health care providers to report patient race and ethnicity information. Detailed race and ethnicity information on cancer patients can help improve clinical care, as well as help effectively target cancer prevention and early detection programs. Please read this detailed information about the importance of reporting patient race and ethnicity to the WCRS (PDF, 37 KB).
Abstract Plus Software
Abstract Plus Software Now Available! The latest version of Abstract Plus data entry software, 188.8.131.52, using data layout version V14, is now available. This new version will replace all earlier versions and is compliant with all state reporting requirements for 2014 and earlier diagnoses. This Zip file (65 MB) contains the instructions for downloading the new software, the software application files (setup.exe and AbstractPlus_3.4_V140_WI.msi) and a list of the edits used in this version. Please follow the download instructions and contact DHSWCRSdata@dhs.wisconsin.gov with any questions and for a copy of the user manual. WCRS will respond within three business days. If your facility does not have the capability to open a Zip file, please email WCRS and indicate you need the software provided in a different format. If you are currently using an earlier version of Abstract Plus, please contact Laura Stephenson at email@example.com for special instructions prior to installing this new version.