Promoting quality care for children and youth with special health care needs in Wisconsin.
The Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN) Program promotes family/provider partnerships and collaborates with parent-led organizations in the state.Two of the organizations funded by the CYSHCN program are Family Voices of Wisconsin and Parent to Parent of Wisconsin.
Family Voices of Wisconsin
Family Voices of Wisconsin supports the voice of families in decision-making, leadership and systems change. Family Voices provides information, training and support around healthcare and community services to families and professional partners.
- "Did You Know? Now You Know" Parent Trainings
- Co-sponsorship of The Circles of Life Annual Conference for Families and A Gathering of Youth, a conference for young people
- Wisconsin Family to Family Health Information Center
- Resource Materials
Parent to Parent of Wisconsin
Parent to Parent of Wisconsin (P2P) provides parent matching. P2P is a statewide network of families who support each other on the journey of parenting children with special health care needs.
- Connections to other parents who have "been there"
- Information on local, state, and national resources
- Trainings for parents to become Support Parents